Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2015, 11:22 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Hello from CA

Hello, and thanks for all the conversion information and the discussions here. I've been soaking it up for the past month, and am finally getting around to posting.

We're a family in Southern California planning to purchase a bus in the next few months. A 40-foot flat-front with underbelly storage would be nice. I hope to keep things simple(ish) with DIY solar water heating, a compost toilet, some rooftop solar...we'll see how things go. I'm not mechanically inclined (fortunately, my husband is), but I'm looking forward to learning.

Cheers!

phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:48 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Howdy Guys...and Welcome! --- You are off to a good start. Nowhere else on the planet will you find more or better info on this topic than on Skoolie. Don't hesitate to ask specific questions. There are folks here who are just starting out and others that have been on the road for many, many years.

Best of luck on your hunt & build. These are great family projects.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:29 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Welcome !!
Old 08-10-2015, 11:00 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Hello from CA--updated--we bought a bus!

Thanks for the welcome. I've been reading through lots of build threads and the information is invaluable.

It looks like I'm going to be reading even more, because we just bought a bus! It's a 1996 Bluebird TC2000, Diesel 6BT Cummins engine, Alison AT643 transmission. Flat front, with five underbelly storage bays. It's huge, and better than I could have imagined. it also has four doors in all, so that's going to be interesting. My husband is going to pick it up later this week. I'll post photos soon.

Here we go...
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote