Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2018, 11:42 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Smile Hello from Canada, Eh (No Bus... YET.)

Hello people of Skoolie.net,

My name is Destiny, I'm 20 years old, and I've got a serious dream to travel across the USA. I'm 110% determined to do it, even if I have to sacrifice all of my free time at work, just to find the money to do it.

I've done SO much research online, on these forums, and watched HOURS of YouTube videos, so I'm going in with a pretty decent idea of what I'm doing.

I've worked out a rough floor plan, have started compiling a list of what I need, and will be formally working out an expenses spreadsheet soon so I know exactly what I'm looking at.

Luckily for me, I live at home with my parents, on an acre lot, with plenty of driveway room to park and work on my bus. Not to mention, my dad has just about every tool imaginable in our garage (which is a large space, can fit 4 cars. I mean seriously, he even has his own hoist). I also lucked out again because my dad used to work as a carpenter full time, so he knows the ins-and-outs of plumbing, electrical, and building, and he's fully prepared to teach and guide (and help LOL) me along the way.

All that's left to do now is get. a. bus. Probably the scariest part, honestly.

I look forward to embarking on this journey in the near future!!

I'll see you in the conversion forums soon.

- Destiny.

theskooleylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bus, conversion, parking lot, road trip, skoolie