Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2016, 02:02 AM   #1

Cool Hello from chilly Iowa

Hey all, My name is David! I am from south central Iowa and just purchased a 1992 B700 with a 6.6 Ford/New Holland diesel and AT545 4 speed transmission. It also has just 84,000 miles and is equipped with a totally functional wheelchair lift I intend to keep and use. It is a Carpenter body and runs very well. I paid $2200 for it and would also like everyones opinion on whether I got a fair deal or not. Aside from that I am an RN that intends to do some traveling and working in other states where my license is good eventually. I am single with a little cat who doesn't know it yet but will be traveling as well. So any who hello to all. Glad to have found a forum that suits my interests! I look forward to learning and sharing.

BoredNIowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 06:24 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
The 6.6 is Brazilian, not great on fuel, not great on power, not great for getting parts.
But at least its not a gas engine.

For $2200 If it isn't a rust bucket and has decent tires you got an ok deal I reckon. Put up some pics!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote