Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2016, 03:04 PM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zndrson View Post
That is app. 32 ft long, dt466 or better, rust free, Allison 643 or better, in good condition, and at a reasonable price? There are plenty of buses to be had, but most are way overpriced or longer that can fit in our driveway. Apparently a lot of people around here are getting the same idea and driving up the price and down the selection.

We found a great one with a retarder in Monarch but somebody bought it out from under us.

We've looked at several buses but there's always something- one was a dt 408 that we passed on, almost bought a great bus but passed on the Cat engine. Another we were totally misled by the craigslist owner and wasted 6 hours driving to Julesberg.

If you have any suggestions I'm all ears. In the meantime, the bus from Az checks all our boxes.
IDK, but I've been bidding on lots of RAD Colorado buses all year.
Most of the ones I see out there are pretty well equipped. AZ is another great place to find nice buses, too. I'm just surprised anyone in the red state would have to travel too far for a nice bus.

EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:47 PM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
I went to jr. high school in WVC Utah with a Chad Meyer....
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:56 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I honestly didn t worry about it.. I found the bus i wanted and found it had a little rust underneath and some surface rust around a few rivets ..

you can tell if you are looking at a rust bucket in person pretty easily but its sure tougher when dealing with simply pictures.. I had the luxury of seeing my bus before I bought it.. if you only have the ability to look in pictures then I would have to say pass on anything that shows rust in pics.. it usually ends up being worse in person than it looks in pics..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:50 AM   #24
Site Team

Hello from just east of Longmont... did you end up getting the Arizona bus? We'd love to see it! My kids (almost 3 and almost 5) think a bus is a Very Good Idea.

ETA: oops I thought you'd posted that like a week ago. Hurry up and get a bus so we can see it.
Polarweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:04 AM   #25
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: International Amtran
Chassis: Genesis
Engine: DT466 (MT643 trans)
Rated Cap: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarweasel View Post
Hello from just east of Longmont... did you end up getting the Arizona bus? We'd love to see it! My kids (almost 3 and almost 5) think a bus is a Very Good Idea.

ETA: oops I thought you'd posted that like a week ago. Hurry up and get a bus so we can see it.

Ha! Don't worry. Once I get it back to the house im sure I won't be able to contain myself and will post a bunch of pictures. You're also more than welcome to see it in person!
Zndrson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:31 AM   #26
Site Team

Looking forward to seeing this thing!
Polarweasel is offline   Reply With Quote