Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2015, 12:01 AM   #1

Thumbs up Hello from Denver, CO!

Hey all,

My name is Rich and I am about to make the switch and convert a nice bus into a cross country snowboard adventure bus. It's been a dream of mine to do since I was about 20 years old! 26 years old now and finally decided to say **** it, and just have a fun life.

If anyone could give me some pointers on what to look for in buses, best buses to use so I can attach a "toy hauler" to the back of or make on in the back of a bus would be great. What mechanical things should I look for and stay away from?

Also how do I make a bathroom/shower set up w working septic and running water?

Thanks all!
Great to meet everyone

Rich

Lambo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:07 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambo89 View Post
Also how do I make a bathroom/shower set up w working septic and running water?

Rich
Umm septic requires you to dig a hole in the ground you might be on the wrong forum. Septic is used for permanent in ground waste leaching systems.

Now if you are referring to a water holding tank on the bus, check several build logs that have been completed. There is no one way of doing it. Basically you will need fresh water either from a pressurized line or from a fresh water storage tank in the bus fed into you system with a pump. You will for the most part use standard plumbing fittings and fixtures. They will gravity feed into the waste tank at the bottom of the rig.
CaptainInsaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:40 PM   #3

Yeah I'm curious as to how to set up a bathroom for a bus. I'm soon acquiring one and making it into a road tripper for next winter
Lambo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Again, this depends on so much.

Where will you be parked?

Will you have water connection?

Will you have electricity? What will be the source?

Full time living, or weekend adventure?

And the list go's on and on.

All the answers you need are waiting for you in the build thread section, complete with pics.
There you will find many ways of doing the same thing. By reading you will get real info and experience. Asking questions will get you opinions from people that have no clue what they are talking about.

I say all of this in a friendly, helpful way.

Good luck

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote