Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2019, 07:51 AM   #1

Hello from Italy

Hi everyone, I'm Manuel. i write from Italy. Forgive me if I don't write well, but I have to help myself with the translator. I hope to find useful advice from good future friends! In Italy the conversion is difficult, since between documents and realization, whoever puts the sticks in the wheel .... that's why I look for people who can advise me for my future project. I would like to find a Neoplan Megaliner. The upper part I would like to obtain two double beds and the bathroom, with a possible sofa bed. In the lower part, obtain the kitchen and a small garage for 3 sport bikes. I would use it to make 1/2 trips to Europe per year in various circuits for my holidays. Unfortunately in Italy the campers or motorhomes are ONLY based on small vans and the areas used for these are obviously for these.

Caniggia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 07:53 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I was just talking to a lady from Milan this morning, about football and Serie A.
Good luck on the bus search and I'm sure there will be folks who can give you some info on that.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I was just talking to a lady from Milan this morning, about football and Serie A.
Good luck on the bus search and I'm sure there will be folks who can give you some info on that.
series A ?! I'm not a big soccer fan. My father instead played soccer as a young man, in important and good level teams, then he was forced to quit. I am a biker, I go to the circuit as an amateur, fast but always an amateur.:grande sorriso:
Old 10-19-2019, 11:51 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Welcome to the site from New Hampshire, Manuel.
The main reason big/full sized busses are rare in Europe is fuel mileage.
With the high cost of fuel, the average citizen is not wanting to spend a weeks pay to fuel up their bus!

Second are the narrow roads. Some cities offer ample room for bus traffic but most streets/roads are not large vehicle friendly.

Some places here in the states are like that as well, but there are more open roads here than in Europe.

Good luck in your search and dream of owning a bus conversion...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteg59 View Post
Welcome to the site from New Hampshire, Manuel.
The main reason big/full sized busses are rare in Europe is fuel mileage.
With the high cost of fuel, the average citizen is not wanting to spend a weeks pay to fuel up their bus!

Second are the narrow roads. Some cities offer ample room for bus traffic but most streets/roads are not large vehicle friendly.

Some places here in the states are like that as well, but there are more open roads here than in Europe.

Good luck in your search and dream of owning a bus conversion...
yes this is true, consumption has a great influence on the choice. for work I use a Mercedes Sprinter 3.0 turbodiesel with 195hp and I drive 5/6 km / lt. A bus perhaps travels 3km / lt in commercial use. Probably converted, and therefore much lighter, it covers 5/6 km / lt. In Italy, a liter of diesel costs about $ 1.6. The various campers or motorhomes consume much more than my Mercedes Sprinter ... so I believe that what stops people is not fuel consumption, but the cost of fuel. We are not talking about the insurance premium .... for what concerns the narrow roads, it is not a problem, since the buses and the heavy vehicles in general, circulate in thousands every day. Obviously in the city center, or in the historical centers you can't go there, but you don't even enter by car.