Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2015, 10:10 PM   #1

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: DT444E
Rated Cap: 72/56
Hello from Maine

I bought my 1995 Thomas International for 680.00 to use as storage container. After driving it home (under its own power), and showing to my wife..we came to the conclusion that maybe it would make a better renovation project then a storage unit. We have started the journey and welcome any ideas. As we begin to think of the layout we are stuck on how to incorporate the lift into the finished Skoolie. It isn't necessary to leave the lift, just thinking to leave as much original features as we can.
Attached Thumbnails
Lift.jpg  

breezemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:53 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
We have a '88 Ford B600 with almost the same setup. I you look at the "Big Mac" thread in the small school bus threads you'll see it. Eventually it'll be our son's home. We're planning to sheet metal in the front door and have steps going up the handicap door to give him more living space and a passenger seat where the entry steps currently are. There will be an access door below the passenger seat area for him to keep tools and whatnot. Go take a look at the thread it may help...

M1031
Old 08-06-2015, 06:47 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: I.H.
Engine: DT360
That lift could make a nice porch, the side rails could be fold out supports for more "deck" area when the lift is out. That is just a first thought from looking at the pic.
HolyBus is offline   Reply With Quote