Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC 2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 65?
random pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Comb21052017080758[1].jpg (257.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20170605_195418[1].jpg (188.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20170521_190743[1].jpg (201.1 KB, 6 views)
Stuntmanmitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:57 PM   #52
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC 2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 65?
Finally got the ball rolling on demo, I took out the ceiling up to the driver area and the side panels. I cut a wire to get a panel over the light by the chair lift so I think that's why my dome lights don't work now...But the Wheel chair rail was 90% unboltable above the windows. I cut the side panels off under the emergency exit windows with the grinder...and I didn't even start a fire!

I fixed a solar panel to the roof for my solar generator (yeti 1250) and installed a Maxx Air fan. It was still hot as S#*! though, outside was 95*+.

Then I started on the floor but so far only the center isle is exposed metal which I gotta say isn't as bad as I thought it would be. The wood was heavy and completely soaked with water. It bubbled steamed and foamed as I tried different methods to get the rails out. I set the depth and used my skill saw to make a run down the isle as close as I could get to the wheelchair rail. The edge of the plywood came to the center of the isle so I was able to pry that section out. I had already peeled the rubber mat up, it was no trouble, maybe because the wood was was holding so much water. I'm not sure I want to do that (skill saw) in between the remaining 7 or 8 wheelchair rails though, besides its the rails posing the problem at this point. These rails are held down by a 4mm allen in most spots, phillips head bolt in few other areas but all will spin anyway. Grinding the heads was effective but sloooow. 8 rails 25' long with bolts like 6" apart? I'm leaning towards enlisting a friend at this point to tag team the bolts in addition to grinding the unreachables. I went to the hoe depot looking for a 4mm for my impact but of course it was in a 20$ assortment pack and @5pm was too far to go for something that may or may not get it done so I called it a day.

Attention noobs: If you're thinking about removing interior panels/rivets by hand you better have alot of hands. Even waiting for a smaller compressor to refill with air will be a life saver.

Also the house I'm renting came with a 16gal shop vac...WIN! A quick clean was needed as there were bolts, screws, rivet heads, insulation pieces and sawdust everywhere. A regular broom wasn't getting it and with the tracks still in place a push broom would have been clumsy.
Stuntmanmitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:18 PM   #53
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: Blue Bird Micro Bird
Engine: 6.3L?
Rated Cap: 25?
Where in MD are you located? More so, what side of the bridge?
IAmGuadalupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:10 PM   #54
Bus Nut

Look at his location. The numbers don't lie.

Where are you? I'm in Annapolis.
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote