Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2016, 01:56 PM   #1

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Chevrolet P30
Engine: 350TBI
Rated Cap: 36
Hello from Minnesota

Hello everyone!

My wife and I recently purchased a bus after searching the sea of RV listings on Craigslist. We planned to camp and travel with our two children (6, 9) Nothing that I actually wanted to spend more than 3 minutes in fit within our budget. Well after the last non-running, water damaged, 1978 RV we looked at I gave up. The very next morning I sat over my Saturday coffee and purused the car/truck section and found our bus!

A call and couple hour ride later we sat faced to faced with our new project. The machine itself was great, but the seller is what makes this ordeal better. He was a retired professor at the state college, and knew teachers and mechanics at the local school district. A bus came up for sale after being lightly used and he purchased it after recommendation from the very mechanics that maintained it.

He had the bus listed for $1000, and I had $800 cash in my pocket. I told him if he'd hold the $800 until the next weekend, I would give him the rest when we picked it up. He hesitated and told me he would make me a deal... If I promised to use it as a camper and not scrap it or part it out, which I did, he said "Don't bring any money next weekend. Take the $200 and split it between your two children's savings account." My wife and I were blown away and very appreciative. I also promised to keep him up to date with the build and bring it back so he could inspect the finished product.

We are so excited to get started!

sentricity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 04:45 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
thats a cool lookin bus! I havent seen one of those carpenter styles in a while,, !

I think a member here has one similar

welcome to the jungle!!

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote