Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2017, 03:11 PM   #1

Hello from New Jersey

Hello everyone. I'm looking to buy a full length school bus and travel next year to celebrate my divorce. My ex-wife was divorced in 2004 but next year I should stop paying for everything so technically my freedom starts then. Once I return from my travels I will rent some farm land and live in the bus.

I just read an excellent post from Triton? about the basics and feel better about what to look for. I do know that I will foam insulate and possibly ceramic paint it on the outside for temperature control. I am researching how to insulate the front of the bus as well with possibly a wall built behind the driver.

I am up in the air about a toilet but am leaning towards a composting toilet. The dry toilet is a maybe but the replacement bags seem too expensive. I definitely do not want a black water tank because the draining is too messy for me. I will be vomiting every time I do it.

The bus needs to be as long as possible so that a small storage area will be in the back of the bus and accessible by the back door.

I am still computing electrical usage but it will involve exhaust fans, laptop, cell phones, water pump, TV/DVD,.... I am looking into a generator to charge batteries on cloudy days, run an AC or some appliances like a blender or juicer for short term. Any help would be appreciated.

I am researching a high quality seat or lumbar support for driver's seat. The trip is no good if I got a sore back. As a chiropractor the last thing I want to do is walk into a chiropractor's office in Nowhereville for an adjustment. I know all the scams. Also a Temperpedic type mattress is mandatory.

Places to visit are Yellowstone, Mount Shasta, Alaska, Skywalker Ranch, the desert and every small town, haunted place, and waterfall in between.

So for now it's off to work........

dragonship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:12 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Ford B600
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 20 person
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonship View Post
Hello everyone. I'm looking to buy a full length school bus and travel next year to celebrate my divorce. My ex-wife was divorced in 2004 but next year I should stop paying for everything so technically my freedom starts then. Once I return from my travels I will rent some farm land and live in the bus.

I just read an excellent post from Triton? about the basics and feel better about what to look for. I do know that I will foam insulate and possibly ceramic paint it on the outside for temperature control. I am researching how to insulate the front of the bus as well with possibly a wall built behind the driver.

I am up in the air about a toilet but am leaning towards a composting toilet. The dry toilet is a maybe but the replacement bags seem too expensive. I definitely do not want a black water tank because the draining is too messy for me. I will be vomiting every time I do it.

The bus needs to be as long as possible so that a small storage area will be in the back of the bus and accessible by the back door.

I am still computing electrical usage but it will involve exhaust fans, laptop, cell phones, water pump, TV/DVD,.... I am looking into a generator to charge batteries on cloudy days, run an AC or some appliances like a blender or juicer for short term. Any help would be appreciated.

I am researching a high quality seat or lumbar support for driver's seat. The trip is no good if I got a sore back. As a chiropractor the last thing I want to do is walk into a chiropractor's office in Nowhereville for an adjustment. I know all the scams. Also a Temperpedic type mattress is mandatory.

Places to visit are Yellowstone, Mount Shasta, Alaska, Skywalker Ranch, the desert and every small town, haunted place, and waterfall in between.

So for now it's off to work........
Yea I walked down that road with an ex wife. There are tons of great resources here and great people!
Youtube - bit.ly/TheBowserJournal
BowserJournal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:42 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Allison AT545
Rated Cap: 71
Welcome to the forum!! I'm working on selling a classic car for funds to buy and convert my bus, I cannot wait to get my bus, convert, and move. Here's hoping to a life changing year!

Start studying up now if you're like me and have no experience, this place is a GREAT resource of shared experience... <3 Great community. I love it here. Of course, I do my own research as well, google is your friend! *but I use Yahoo more lol*

Anyway, New Jersey huh? Cool, that's on my list of places to visit! Also high if not top of my list: Minnesota! Lived there a year, loved it, miss it, wanna go back.

Hope to see you around on here!
DreamWeaverBus is offline   Reply With Quote