Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2016, 06:29 PM   #1

Rated Cap: UNK
Hello from New York

Hi, new member. I have recently bought a 93 GMC Vandura mini bus. The conversion was started by the previous owner. I have to finish and change some of the interior and repaint. This will be my second conversion. I live in the up state area. If any one is passing through and is in need of help. I will do my best to help you. For any one looking for a bus, cragslist is a good place to start. There is one of the largest bus dealers in the country in upstate ny. Don Brown, Johnstown, NY. I have known of people flying here, buying a bus. And driving it home out west. Regards

Bordereye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 06:43 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: GM
Engine: GM350
Welcome Newbie

Got my 1993 Thomas Minotour in October and have jumped right in! She's legal, insured and coming home from the shop tomorrow. Will start my floor work and the fun of the build will begin! Have been on this site doing all the research I can and so hopefully will get it right! I will be a weekender for awhile and then hope to take some trips out west to Texas and New Mexico too. Great group on this site, good luck with your build!
CampingNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 07:12 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
Welcome, glad you're here.
That's a cool offer from you. I tell ya Skoolies are some of the best people i have come across. I look forward to seeing a picture
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:27 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
From one NYer to another!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordereye View Post
Hi, new member. I have recently bought a 93 GMC Vandura mini bus. The conversion was started by the previous owner. I have to finish and change some of the interior and repaint. This will be my second conversion. I live in the up state area. If any one is passing through and is in need of help. I will do my best to help you. For any one looking for a bus, cragslist is a good place to start. There is one of the largest bus dealers in the country in upstate ny. Don Brown, Johnstown, NY. I have known of people flying here, buying a bus. And driving it home out west. Regards
Welcome! Glad you're here I'm in Orange County NY....where are you?
I got my bus '02 International 3000 last month. I got mine from govdeals.com and was surprised that mine was coming from Warwick,NY where I went to school! That made it more special to me I got a sweet deal on it too. I won the bid at $2000.
tobeamiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 12:45 PM   #5

Rated Cap: UNK
Hi, ,soundslike you got a good deal. Good luck with your conversion. I live in the Finger Lakes region.
Bordereye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 03:40 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordereye View Post
Hi, ,soundslike you got a good deal. Good luck with your conversion. I live in the Finger Lakes region.

wow, you're way up there! You never know though....we could meet up some day
Will you be full-timing it?
good luck with your build..I look forward to seeing your progress
tobeamiss is offline   Reply With Quote