Old 06-06-2017, 03:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Great looking rig. And do be careful blasting it. I'm hoping your connection really knows his stuff as the wrong pressure or medium can do a lot of damage in a hurry.

And if he DOES know his stuff...I just wish he was closer!

Have you ID'd the exact year, make and model yet? And what about the engine & tranny?
They have been in the industrial blasting and coatings business since the 1960s. Not saying his current operator is that expierenced though. We are all aware what the wrong media and wrong operator can do to metal when blasting.
Joiner Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Great looking rig. And do be careful blasting it. I'm hoping your connection really knows his stuff as the wrong pressure or medium can do a lot of damage in a hurry.

And if he DOES know his stuff...I just wish he was closer!

Have you ID'd the exact year, make and model yet? And what about the engine & tranny?
I believe the engine to be a Chevrolet 327 V8 and not sure about the tranny.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:23 PM   #13
Bus Nut

Welcome!

Well, let me take a stab at answering your original question. Due to the strange and arbitrary nature of the "security firewall" at my current employer, I can only see pics #s 10 and 13. The front looks Chevrolet or GM to me; I can't count the number of passenger windows which is used here as a quick shorthand method of determining how big your bus is. It looks longer than a "short bus" to me.

Go to http://www.skoolie.net/forums/ and you'll see the forum structure laid out for you. Your demolition/build thread would fit well in Bus Conversions->Skoolie Conversion Projects, since it's not a short bus and it's not a coach (Greyhound/intercity transit style).

Your questions about engine and drivetrain belong under Skoolie Tech -> Mechanical and Drivetrains -> GM/Chevrolet (I think you said). That being said, everybody posts everything anywhere around here and we seem to be very tolerant of that, so don't sweat it too much. Everybody wants to know the year make model engine fuel transmission brakes so dig that up. If you can take a legible pic of the data plate(s) and post it you will get 50 comments, at least 15 of them useful.

Most of us here are tearing out the interior, optionally insulating, optionally raising the roof, fitting walls/floor/furniture/kitchen/toilet/bed, and hitting the road for a weekend or a lifetime. I can't tell if you are of that bent or if you want to do a respectful resto of a school bus so it looks like a school bus. Tell of us of your plans!

Also, one universal piece of advice would be to spend 100 hours or so reading all the build threads. That'll give you a good handle on methods, materials, and best practices. It'll save a hundred questions, and it's fun!

Again, welcome.
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:35 PM   #14

Thanks so much for your reply and I will start posting my info and questions. I wish I had a picture of the data plate(s) but I don't at this time.

Try clicking on the link of the other pictures to pull them up. For some reason the forum displayed 2 of the pictures but not the rest.

I think posting in different forums for different questions is good becuase you get specialized exposure and sometimes more help; but then again I see the importance of keeping a build thread in 1 place all together. I might keep it in one place (where you suggested) and ask specific questions elsewhere on here as I see fit.