Old 08-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #11
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
if I couldnt drink water by the gallon I would be worse than diabetic.. id be dead! I walk on average 5-10 miles per day in the summer.. outside city-style (yes im opposite most of you.. im a proud City-slicker).. all that sun and concrete means dehydration... im just a little guy and my body expels water al;most as fast as I cAn drink it.. mainly by sweat.. (my walk speed is most often 4 MPH)..

not sure how id shower in a teacup - all that sweat means im rank.. and one think I dont want to do is be all stanky .. I could clean up with a couple gallons of water pretty well.. but 1 gallon would leave me feeling ick still..

in the winter I can get away with showering every other day because I dont sweat when its cooler outside..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:51 PM   #12
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Learn to take "Navy" showers when boondocking. It really is amazing how little water is needed. If you want to soak longer...wait till you are connected to city supply.

https://www.trustedclothes.com/blog/...ng-less-water/

My ship was on severe water rationing for about a month and I discovered it was possible to take a full shower using maybe a quart and a half.
Tango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:13 PM   #13
Bus Crazy

I have three water tanks with 120 gallon storage cap, under my queen size bed.. raised some of course coz of the tanks. Never had any problem with weight. Now guess my grey and black tank storage in the compartments under the bus... RE bus with compartments handles all this just fine not to mention 10+ mpg.... and i normally tow a 24' trailer...
Old 08-21-2017, 11:45 AM   #14
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Capacity

The thing about storage capacity is you don't have to always utilize it. I like the idea of having 2 tanks so I can just fill the bonus tank when needed. Little transfer pump should do the trick.

Or just use that second tank for Margarita mix...Hmmm.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 02:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Just use that second tank for Margarita mix...Hmmm.
Hmmmmn, 120 gallons of Margaritas. . . That MIGHT last a week ! LOL Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, I have 27 years clean and sober, so no 120 gallon booze tank for me/us.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." M.Twain
Uncle Fester is offline   Reply With Quote