Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2016, 09:19 PM   #1

Year: 2001
Coachwork: International
Engine: DT466
Hello from Tennessee

I purchased a 2001 International 30 passenger school bus I want to use to transport our dog to animal rescue events. We have no clue what we have gotten ourselves into other than insurance, registration, and cost of the bus. We have 17' from driver seat to emergency door with a handicap lift in the back. Our thought is to use the lift and the back five feet of the bus for transporting supplies to shelters i.e., dog food, detergents, and such. The remaining 12' would be used for sleeping / bathroom, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, generator (probably under bus), and comfortable seating. Usually traveling 200 to 500 miles every weekend with 2 overnight stays per trip. Usually will travel with 2 - 3 adults but would like seating for 5 sleeping for 3 or 4. Also will travel with 2 to 3 dogs. YES! I know a lot of wants not a lot of space. The dog the bus was purchased for weighs about 40lbs his team members range from 30lbs to 105lbs. Again, all three dogs will not always travel together but having space for them is important.

Obviously, not a lot of room! I am currently looking for information on where to start. I believe with the right plan everything on the punch list can be reality. Also looking for detailed plans to build furniture, cabinets, and wall finishes. Suggestions for books to read?

Okay, I think I have said enough to give you the idea of how crazy I am and how crazy this idea of the wonder bus is. The idea for the bus started on Christmas Day and the bus was purchased on January 14th. as you can see I dont talk a lot about something I do something. Not sure if that is good or bad. So, here we go..... I look forward to learning from you all--i hope you can help me get the bus on the right road.

My Best,

Sid

HTWDBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:53 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Check out One Nation Under Goat. They travel with animals in a bus. Nice folks.
Welcome aboard, Sid.
I'm CB.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 08:24 PM   #3

Year: 2001
Coachwork: International
Engine: DT466
Thank you Thank You!
HTWDBus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting started, new to forum