Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2019, 09:20 AM   #1

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Gillig
Chassis: low floor transit, 40 ft.
Engine: Cummins 10.8L, Diesel M11 ISM
Hello from the Green bus

Hi ladies and gentlemen,
My husband and I recently bought a 1998 Gillig transit bus in hopes of converting into our home on wheels. The last few months have been spent researching and planning the layout from design to the electrical and plumping. I've used skoolie.net several times, reading through threads and gathering what information I could find. Though I thought it would be time to introduce ourselves to the community.

My name is Jennifer and I have always lived a nomadic lifestyles. My husband, Michael is a true handy man and well, he married me so he loves adventure! We live in Washington state currently. We eloped last year in June and bought our bus in September of 2018. So far, we are still working on demolition of the interior, with one back row of seats that refuses to budge and side panels ready to be ground out. yes that's right, we bought a bus with rivets! made for demolition to be long and gruesome, but also very rewarding.

I am now beginning to tackle the electric and wires that run through the bus for the bus. this has been a hassle since the labels have worn off quite a bit. anyways hello! and nice to meet everyone officially. sorry for the long thread, I'm a writer, so it's kinda what I do have a good day!

Greene614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:56 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Chassis: International
Engine: T444e w/ 2000 Allison Trans
Rated Cap: 35
Welcome Jennifer and Michael! congrats on the bus. Oregonian neighbor here still doing my build on our adventure rig. if you can please fill out our bio so it shows where you are and what vehicle you have including engine/tranny type. Pictures are worth a thousand words and I love to see progress pics. pictures of where you are stuck are also helpful as we can help you with insight. again, welcome!

Follow our build on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/skoolie_doo/
Rovobay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bus advice, bus build, bus conversion, demo mode, demolition