Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-18-2018, 12:07 PM   #1
New Member
 
buddhabusmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 9
Hello My Beautiful Bus Friends!

I'm so happy to be here and finally (after 6 years of dreaming) am the proud and grateful owner of this beauty. 1997 Ford Cummings 74 Passenger School Bus. 145k miles... in great structural and mechanical condition. Got it gutted down to metal. Deconstructing don't cost a thang! And now comes the reconstructing which needs time and money! Thanks for all your input, experiences and knowledge. It's helped me so much! Here's to the Skoolie Life!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
buddhabusmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:32 PM   #2
Bus Nut
 
Jdawgsfanasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhabusmama View Post
I'm so happy to be here and finally (after 6 years of dreaming) am the proud and grateful owner of this beauty. 1997 Ford Cummings 74 Passenger School Bus. 145k miles... in great structural and mechanical condition. Got it gutted down to metal. Deconstructing don't cost a thang! And now comes the reconstructing which needs time and money! Thanks for all your input, experiences and knowledge. It's helped me so much! Here's to the Skoolie Life!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Awesomeness!!! Welcome to the party

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
Jdawgsfanasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:33 PM   #3
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 4,798
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Welcome and congrats on the new bus!

Looks like you are diving right in. Good for you! I took a year to get that much done.

BTW:There is no "g" in Cummins

Looking forward to watching your build.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:39 PM   #4
Bus Geek
 
Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 8,462
Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Welcome to the Madness! --- Looks like you have a great start. But be advised...the engine is spelled...

C-U-M-M-I-N-S

No "G".

Common error that can often illicit undesirable comments.

We also like to know the particulars...which Cummins engine (guessing a 5.9), and what model transmission. Probably an Allison if auto and could be an AT545 or similar. Another ??? is what your plans are. Weekend run-a-bout, long haul cruiser, tiny home? There are lots of possibilities with a Skoolie. And don't hesitate to ask questions. Lots of good folks here who have been there and done that...whatever it might be. Make it your own and have fun!

Details and more pix!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:38 PM   #5
Bus Crazy
 
brokedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Posts: 2,327
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Awesome! FIll out your profile with location etc!
__________________
Keep up with us and our build!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter
brokedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:56 PM   #6
Bus Nut
 
Jdawgsfanasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
Welcome and congrats on the new bus!

Looks like you are diving right in. Good for you! I took a year to get that much done.

BTW:There is no "g" in Cummins

Looking forward to watching your build.
I didn't even see the "g"...

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
Jdawgsfanasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:29 PM   #7
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 111
Hello and welcome. Iíll be your friend, we both have buses, but Iím not even remotely beautiful.
RRRVBUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:36 PM   #8
New Member
 
buddhabusmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgsfanasty View Post
I didn't even see the "g"...

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk


Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
buddhabusmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:36 PM   #9
New Member
 
buddhabusmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRVBUS View Post
Hello and welcome. Iíll be your friend, we both have buses, but Iím not even remotely beautiful.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
buddhabusmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:37 PM   #10
New Member
 
buddhabusmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokedown View Post
Awesome! FIll out your profile with location etc!


Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
buddhabusmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.