Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2019, 06:17 AM   #1

Hello, my name is Chris and i might be crazy

Hello all, I have this crazy idea to buy a bus (coach) and shove my wife, brother in-law (he has downs and we care for him), and 4 kids into it. Then do something my parents could have never done for me .. take my children on a road trip to explore the united states and Canada. I also feel it will be a fun project to start teaching my boys about working hard and making something.

1) finding a vehicle that can safely transport 7 as well as pull a large enough travel trailer seems a little far fetched.

2) I have yet to find a motor home that has a place to safely put kids in car seats or with sleeping arrangements that don't make everyone have the same bed time / wake up call.

3)I like the idea of a skoolie but am not sure i would have enough head room and cargo room for 7 and the other half wasn't as big on that idea i got her to give me the green light only after showing her photos of JDOnTheGo's coach so a big thank you to him.

with a little luck i will find the right coach that will be right for me. I am currently looking at a 1995 Van hool t-840 Engine: Cummins M11 Turbo Diesel Transmission: Allison B500 Automatic. but im just not sure its "the one" and its a big buy to have buyers remorse afterwords any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cjbnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:33 AM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC RE
Engine: 8.3L
For that many people and wanting to tow a trailer you are on the right trail. Do not know that much about VanHools but also look into similar MCI coaches. They have a better support system.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:04 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Be aware of maximum combination vehicle lengths.

I found myself overlength and illegal in a few states while towing a longbed pickup behind my 40' Eagle.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...LQUX6StWRvjjL7
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:34 PM   #4

Gustav: Thank you for your reply... I think I worded the part about the trailer wrong .. I dont have any intentions of pulling a trailer with the bus .. if anything was to be pulled with the bus it would be a car or van

PNW_Steve: thank you for the reply. As I said I think I worded it wrong . But the link you attached was a very good read and is helpful incase I do decide to pull a car
cjbnaz is offline   Reply With Quote