Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2017, 10:38 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Post Hello my name is... jumping in!

Tyler, full time single father head first into the skoolie life... I made a first time thread already but don't know what happened to it. Was pretty long so this one will most likely be shorter but I just wanted to get on here and say HI! I have been following the forum for a few months now, so much knowledge! You all are awesome.

We are currently looking to escape paying rent and having nothing to show for it. That is when I started getting really excited about doing a bus conversion of my own after seeing a couple being done on youtube. research took off and slowly the dream is becoming more and more real. I'm sure once I actually purchase the bus I will feel a bit overwhelmed or in over my head but I will press on. I'm not a master or anything close with a lot of the skills that it takes for this conversion but confident I can learn.

My son and I recently moved to washington state from california about 6 months ago. Have already had a scare of possibly not having anywhere to live for a short time. Thankfully an awesome family took us in and is allowing us to get back on our feet and that is when I thought no better time than that to reach for this...

I'm actually going to be training to become a school bus driver this week. Tomorrow im going to go take the test to get my permit. Any advice on that would be appreciated as well!

What I'm thinking as far as bus: DT466 what I'd like. I've seen a few DT360s and wondering what the major differences are. I mainly want something with enough power to have my subaru in tow. Also it will be our full time residence with some vacation travel time across country.

I would love to get a van hool but I'm thinking that will have to be second bus conversion. right now i will be doing this on as tight of a budget as possible. Bare min for liveable space and just add on as i can. composting toilet. simple as possible until i learn it all.

I'm really the biggest newbie the only thing I have to go off of is reading this forum and youtube or google.

Here are a couple of buses I have my eye on as we speak and seriously considering a couple of bids as time counts down. what do you guys think: (going to try and take a look at them on thursday will be right before the deadline may have to bid sight unseen?)

Public Surplus: Auction #1787213

do i stay away from the DT466E??

also looks like none of these have under belly storage may just have to hold out for the right things. how is adding storage of my own?

Thanks! Love this community...

tfarrskoolbus is offline   Reply With Quote