Old 05-16-2016, 11:33 AM   #11
Bus Nut

Plenty of ways to get a scooter into a bus since they're so light. A hoist or a ramp w/ a winch are two of the easiest to design and install. Scoot will probably even fit through the back door with no problem.
dgorila1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:29 PM   #12
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorila1 View Post
Plenty of ways to get a scooter into a bus since they're so light. A hoist or a ramp w/ a winch are two of the easiest to design and install. Scoot will probably even fit through the back door with no problem.
I know a guy that loads his little 50cc scooters into a school bus through his emergency door.. they do fit as long as you fold the mirrors in then he ties them down to bosses he mounted in old seat holes..

he made a ramp similar to those that come with the uhaul box trucks that slides up neatly under his bus.. it makes a nice way to wheel luggage and such down too...

as far as getting them into the bus.. he is a bit of a daredevil so he just rides them up the ramp and in..

only issue he has is the gasoline smell from the scooters sometimes if their tanks are nearly full when he puts them in the bus..

-Christopher
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:35 PM   #13
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I know a guy that loads his little 50cc scooters into a school bus through his emergency door.. they do fit as long as you fold the mirrors in then he ties them down to bosses he mounted in old seat holes..

he made a ramp similar to those that come with the uhaul box trucks that slides up neatly under his bus.. it makes a nice way to wheel luggage and such down too...

as far as getting them into the bus.. he is a bit of a daredevil so he just rides them up the ramp and in..

only issue he has is the gasoline smell from the scooters sometimes if their tanks are nearly full when he puts them in the bus..

-Christopher
I just hauled a Tomos moped in the hatch of my Focus. A bus can haul and load mopeds like a BOSS!
Old 05-17-2016, 03:11 AM   #14
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by salvagedstitch View Post
I was searching ca bus auctions and found this one selling next month https://www.rbauction.com/2007-INTER...NTO-CA-2016171

I really wanted a pusher but this one is white which saves painting for a while and is large and has belly storage. So let me know what you guys think of the specs on it. I might go check it out if I can pull the trigger by then moneywise. Im debating selling my jeep to buy the bus. BUt I need to get a place to park and work on it....SO many things to think about
If the price is right, that looks like a good candidate. V8 IH engine, 2007 model year, that's most likely going to be the DT444 engine (I didn't run the VIN to check). Air brakes, dual A/C, under floor storage on both sides (and more could probably be added), low miles and engine overhaul a couple years ago ... 11R22.5 tires (a common size, very easy to come by), air-ride suspension ... I'd say go for it.
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:15 AM   #15
Bus Crazy

A 2007 IC bus with a V-8 will have the MaxxForce7/DT365 engine.

For all practical purposes, it is a disaster of an engine. They have finally worked out most of the bugs but has never been as reliable as the T444(E).

The biggest problem has been the emissions package which includes EGR. The engine needs to get good and hot for the EGR to work properly. If it doesn't get hot the EGR system gets all clogged up with soot to the point where it clogs up and causes major issues.

I would look for a different bus with either the ISB, ISC, or the DT466.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:52 AM   #16
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowlitzcoach View Post
A 2007 IC bus with a V-8 will have the MaxxForce7/DT365 engine.

For all practical purposes, it is a disaster of an engine. They have finally worked out most of the bugs but has never been as reliable as the T444(E).

The biggest problem has been the emissions package which includes EGR. The engine needs to get good and hot for the EGR to work properly. If it doesn't get hot the EGR system gets all clogged up with soot to the point where it clogs up and causes major issues.

I would look for a different bus with either the ISB, ISC, or the DT466.
I second that suggestion!
Old 05-17-2016, 06:56 AM   #17
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
the maxxforce 7 and VT-365 were disasters.. EGR is one thing.. then dont forget the injectors that DUMP fuel into the oil diluting it.. abd bye bye bearings..

-CHristopher
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:04 PM   #18
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
That explains the low mileage engine rebuild. The DT444 engines were pretty good. The Maxxforce engines, I'd skip unless you plan to remove/bypass the EGR systems (not legal, easy, or cheap).
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote