Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2018, 08:38 PM   #1

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: International 444e
Hello Skoolie.net!

Hello everyone,

We're Patrick and Emily and we just bought our first bus, the Creating Hope Bus.

We bought a 1997 Carpenter International 3800 36' bus with the International 444e. We are excited to turn this bus into our mobile office for our new non-profit called Creating Hope. Our non-profit will use the creative arts to help women in crisis situations (i.e. drug/alcohol rehab, prison, women's shelters, pregnancy care centers) by sharing the love of Jesus with them.

We are located in central Texas and will be traveling around the country. We'll also be building out living quarters for our two boys.

We are excited to get to know the community. We have 32 acres here so if you're ever going through central Texas and you need a place to park with a great view, hit us up!

CreatingHopeBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:26 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Welcome Guys! --- great to have a few more Tejanos on board. Sounds like you have a mission in mind. Tell us more.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:31 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: GA39530
Engine: DT466E 215hp 620tq
Rated Cap: 40
Welcome to the community
FamilyCircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:07 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Welcome Patrick and Family,

Where are you located in Texas?
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:45 AM   #5

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: International 444e
Thanks so much for the welcome!

About us: My wife and I are both quitting our jobs this spring to start a non-profit called Creating Hope as I mentioned above. We live in Goldthwaite, TX. Emily has been a school teacher for the past 8 years teaching art and music in our elementary school. She is an incredibly talented artist! You'll get to see her artwork and skill on the outside of our bus. I have been a youth pastor for the past 21 years. I also drive a school bus as well as woodwork and taxidermy. We live on a farm and raise sheep, goats and cattle. And of course, we had to get all the other animals for our boys; a horse, 8 dogs, 4 cats, a potbelly pig, and 5 chickens.

About our bus: I was able to buy a bus from my high school that I rode when I was in school. How crazy is that?! We chose a Carpenter International 3800 with the V8 444. It is ~36 ft long and has 90k miles. We plan to paint it, gut it and finish it out to serve as a mobile office and living space while we travel.

About our non-profit: Emily and I love Jesus with all our hearts and we believe He can change lives just like he has changed ours. We don't believe we're better than anyone else. We believe he brings hope to hopeless situations and healing to broken lives. My wife's degree is in Art for Therapy and we plan on using creative arts in drug rehab facilities to help women who are trying recover from addiction. We're excited to be taking Creating Hope nationwide.

Thanks for the welcome and we're excited to share our journey and visit with you in the forums
CreatingHopeBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:55 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Sounds like a glorious plan Wish you all the best!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote