Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2016, 02:25 PM   #1

Year: 1976
Engine: GM 366
Talking Hello Skoolies! Ready to join you all!

I just bought a bus recently. I got an old church bus. It's a 1976 GMC Wayne Lifeguard with a GM 366 engine. I don't know anything about buses but I'm sure I will soon be learning. Gonna be remodeling it into a living unit complete with electric, heating, air and plumbing. I'm going to need to learn as much as I can as quick as I can though because my dad was just diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. So, once I get the bare minimums into the bus then my girlfriend and I will be moving into it and into my parents yard. That way I can help take care of him and run the online business that he owns. I hope everyone is doing well and I will be diving into this website hard as soon as I get back from the post office! Thanks for taking the time and reading my intro. Let's get to living in a bus!

-Anthony

WayneLifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:27 PM   #2
Almost There

Year: 1992
Rated Cap: 35 kids
good luck on your conversion. I bought a mid sized blue bird bus in May 2015 and worked as a weekend warrior converting it into an RV (Retirement vehicle) until it got to cold to work on it. We live in Illinois. I am about 3/4 of the way complete on the interior and haven't started on the exterior. I have made over 20 videos of the conversion on facebook and you tube and plan on retiring in 1220 days. I got many ideas from you tube and other sites but then I incorporated my own off the wall ideas into the final construction. keep focused on the end result and don't let little things set you back or deter you from your goal.
scoolbus1 is offline   Reply With Quote