Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2018, 08:03 PM   #1

Hello There.

I am happy to be here.

I’m just in the exploratory stages of the skoolie life. My idea, plan, hope is to build a comfortable living space in a 22 passenger mini (which I haven’t purchased yet) with a working wheelchair lift. I want to build a garage in the back end where I can store equipment like bikes and maybe even a scooter and use the lift to access it.
If anyone is using a wheelchair lift in this way, I’d love to hear from you and maybe see some pictures.
Looking forward to learning all about this process and meeting new friends.
Rob

Rstephenfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:43 PM   #2

Hi Rob,
I've thought about doing a shorty myself, but leaning towards a mid size to be able to tow my truck. I'm kinda all over the map though. I started out thinking about "converting" a class 8 truck, and towing a 5th wheel or bumper pull. So far the few builds I've seen on you tube, and on here I haven't seen many that have kept the lift. Although most of the ones I've seen had the lift at the front of the bus, and not the back like you are talking about. Check out Enigmatic Nomadics on youtube. I watched a video from March of this year where he was talking to a guy who had a 4x4 bus. In the opening of the video it shows a bus with a lift up front. I'd have to look through his videos to see if it's his. If it's his then I'm sure it'd have some vids to help give you ideas. Anyway, as one newbie to another, welcome to the site.

Eric
PunchItChewie is offline   Reply With Quote