Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-11-2018, 01:55 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1
Hello World

My name is Kolin I'm a photographer from Asheville NC. I just dropped out of college to travel and pursue photography and I want to buy a school bus to do so. I'm excited to join this community and any resources that you can provide will be greatly appreciated especially on where to buy a bus i'm having trouble finding a good deal I have been looking on craigslist and my school districts surplus without much luck i was told govdeals.com was a good site to for bus auctions any sites or resources that you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Im looking for a short bus preferably a ford 7.3 diesel engine or if you guys know any other engines I should look out for my budget is around 7500$. Please help me out.
West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 02:18 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by West View Post
My name is Kolin I'm a photographer from Asheville NC. I just dropped out of college to travel and pursue photography and I want to buy a school bus to do so. I'm excited to join this community and any resources that you can provide will be greatly appreciated especially on where to buy a bus i'm having trouble finding a good deal I have been looking on craigslist and my school districts surplus without much luck i was told govdeals.com was a good site to for bus auctions any sites or resources that you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Im looking for a short bus preferably a ford 7.3 diesel engine or if you guys know any other engines I should look out for my budget is around 7500$. Please help me out.
I have been looking myself for a bus my self here in Statesville, i have found quite a few short buses but they werent in your price range they were $3000-$4000 more than what your trying to find one for, but I will keep my eye out for you
B-randon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 03:32 PM   #3
Almost There
 
SilentReprieve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Marion NY
Posts: 99
Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: HDX
Engine: 3126 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by West View Post
My name is Kolin I'm a photographer from Asheville NC. I just dropped out of college to travel and pursue photography and I want to buy a school bus to do so. I'm excited to join this community and any resources that you can provide will be greatly appreciated especially on where to buy a bus i'm having trouble finding a good deal I have been looking on craigslist and my school districts surplus without much luck i was told govdeals.com was a good site to for bus auctions any sites or resources that you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Im looking for a short bus preferably a ford 7.3 diesel engine or if you guys know any other engines I should look out for my budget is around 7500$. Please help me out.
i was recently in NC and saw a shorter bus near Boone.. send me a private message for details
SilentReprieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:50 PM   #4
Bus Crazy
 
CaptSquid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 1,014
Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: HDX
Engine: Cat C7
Rated Cap: 84 passenger
Try Midwest Transit. Buses are in good shape.
CaptSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:55 PM   #5
Bus Nut
 
Thomas1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Fayetteville Arkansas
Posts: 376
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: GMC G3500 Vandura
Engine: V-8 5.7L Gas
Here are some more resources:

https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/br...aucs?catid=402

Colorado Online Auctions - Denver Auctioneers | Roller Auctions

https://www.purplewave.com/search/bus

Here is a Vehicle VIN Search website:

https://www.gates.com/search-by-vin

Ideal RV Length for Fitting into National Park Campsites:

Ideal RV Length for Fitting into National Park Campsites - Camper Report
__________________
- Thomas

The Daily Driver Bus Build
Thomas1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:28 PM   #6
Bus Crazy
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 1,544
Year: 2004
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: MPV-EF
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 77
In the search bar above search for "places to buy a bus", there are a couple of comprehensive threads on the subject. I'd post a link but I'm using a POS HP laptop while my Mac gets repaired and I can't figure out how to cut and paste with this POS.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 03:28 AM   #7
Almost There
 
SilentReprieve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Marion NY
Posts: 99
Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: HDX
Engine: 3126 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
In the search bar above search for "places to buy a bus", there are a couple of comprehensive threads on the subject. I'd post a link but I'm using a POS HP laptop while my Mac gets repaired and I can't figure out how to cut and paste with this POS.
im thinking control C for cut and
control P for paste

maybe?? i dunno... good luck..

Jim
SilentReprieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:35 PM   #8
Skoolie
 
Rovobay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Damascus, OR
Posts: 176
Year: 2004
Chassis: International
Engine: T444e w/ 2000 Allison Trans
Rated Cap: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentReprieve View Post
im thinking control C for cut and
control P for paste

maybe?? i dunno... good luck..

Jim
LMFAO too funny
Rovobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:52 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentReprieve View Post
im thinking control C for cut and
control P for paste

maybe?? i dunno... good luck..

Jim

Close...

Ctrl-C for copy
Ctrl-X for cut
Ctrl-V for paste

(same as the mac commands I think using the 'command key')
mangus580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:29 AM   #10
Almost There
 
SilentReprieve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Marion NY
Posts: 99
Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: HDX
Engine: 3126 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangus580 View Post
Close...

Ctrl-C for copy
Ctrl-X for cut
Ctrl-V for paste

(same as the mac commands I think using the 'command key')
see still so much to learn ... lol.. good post
__________________
"Fitting a bus for your lifestyle is certainly easier than fitting your lifestyle into your bus" The journey begins... I am expecting a rough road ahead!!
Jim, Marion NY
SilentReprieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.