Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2017, 01:08 AM   #1

Hello World, looking for a quality bus conversion with a full size Tub.

Looking for a quality coach/bus with a real tub so my wife can enjoy her bath time. If I have to I'll build one or modify an existing conversion.

Found a really nice 1975 MCI MC8 conversion with rebuilt 8V71 Detroit 2Stroke Diesel with 75,000 miles on rebuild and just over 300,000 miles on the bus.

One slight problem however, this conversion doesn't have a bedroom or bath/shower.

Heating and AC need work as well as a few other minor problems that I'm sure will eat a thousand or two dollars not counting the Heat/AC problem.

What is an old clean conversion like this old MC8 worth as she sits?

---nota___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:11 AM   #2

Pretty clean coach for a 1975

Old 05-01-2017, 10:37 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
It does look nice. I'm thinking those white leather couches probably weren't cheap. It's tastefully done. It does have some nice furnishings and a pleasing appearance if you just wanted a large living room and (I'm guessing) a small bathroom.

You should understand how difficult as it is to try to determine a value based on interior photos, but by first impressions I'd guess that bus needs a full build, like any other bus. If it runs well it should be a good platform to build on. I'd also be concerned about the age of the tires as well as the mechanical condition of the engine.

It appears the bus has its original ceiling panels, indicating there is only factory insulation in the walls and ceilings. Given it's age combined with the likely need to be completely stripped out and rebuilt, I would value it on the low end for this type and age of bus.

In comparison there was recently an '99 MCI in auction at about $4500 as a coach with all the seats remaining. It's not uncommon for a factory original coach to sell between $10k and $20k, or more. There are some good deals around.

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...50&acctid=5640
Old 05-01-2017, 07:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
It does look nice. I'm thinking those white leather couches probably weren't cheap. It's tastefully done. It does have some nice furnishings and a pleasing appearance if you just wanted a large living room and (I'm guessing) a small bathroom.

You should understand how difficult as it is to try to determine a value based on interior photos, but by first impressions I'd guess that bus needs a full build, like any other bus. If it runs well it should be a good platform to build on. I'd also be concerned about the age of the tires as well as the mechanical condition of the engine.

It appears the bus has its original ceiling panels, indicating there is only factory insulation in the walls and ceilings. Given it's age combined with the likely need to be completely stripped out and rebuilt, I would value it on the low end for this type and age of bus.

In comparison there was recently an '99 MCI in auction at about $4500 as a coach with all the seats remaining. It's not uncommon for a factory original coach to sell between $10k and $20k, or more. There are some good deals around.

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...50&acctid=5640
Thanks for your response, I think the coach is worth at least $15k with her history. Personally I would feel bad tearing her apart as this Big Mac coach has a pretty neat history. Her current bid is just shy of $10k

Here is a link to her no reserve ebay sale --> MCI MC8 Crusader Ray Kroc McDonald's Big Mac Bus

My wife and I bought a clean 575hp coach that is already converted by Country Coach this afternoon and she rides on my favorite bus chassis.