Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-05-2016, 11:55 PM   #11
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 12,097
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHATHAM View Post
I don't think so, new to forum but yeah I know exactly where you are. I'm in Dona Vista. We just bought our bus this weekend.
Where'd you get your bus?
Post some pics!
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:48 PM   #12
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 3
Dang! I need to get a bus! I'm in Windermere, and looking for a partially converted bus (since I have know knowledge of electric or plumbing). We should start having meet-ups to talk bus stuff.
SeeCayArr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 01:00 PM   #13
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: chicago, il
Posts: 220
Year: 2003
Chassis: IC CE
Engine: T444
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSKOOKLIE View Post
my apt complex has a gated lot down the road from me that ive seen people keep boat so hoping theyll let me keep the bus there. if not ill have to find a storage facility where i can park and work on it
I would make sure on this, you dont want to buy your skoolie to only find out you have nowhere to park it. I'd also get in writing that you are allowed to work on the conversion on the apartments property. While the wink-wink is great from the maint. persons, the owner of the complex can come and have your skoolie removed from the complex. if you have permission in writing or find a cheap spot that will allow you to park and work on your skoolie, those would be the best options.
Azuleslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:50 PM   #14
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 12,097
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeCayArr View Post
Dang! I need to get a bus! I'm in Windermere, and looking for a partially converted bus (since I have know knowledge of electric or plumbing). We should start having meet-ups to talk bus stuff.
Myself and various other forum members have metup a few time out at the property where my bus is stored.
Any time you wanna hang out... PM me for my number or email.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:00 PM   #15
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuleslight View Post
I would make sure on this, you dont want to buy your skoolie to only find out you have nowhere to park it. I'd also get in writing that you are allowed to work on the conversion on the apartments property. While the wink-wink is great from the maint. persons, the owner of the complex can come and have your skoolie removed from the complex. if you have permission in writing or find a cheap spot that will allow you to park and work on your skoolie, those would be the best options.
Just talked to them yesterday, asked them specifically for a school bus. They said i can keep anything there as long as its not stolen. There are boats and car trailers in the lot also so i should be alright but ill definitely be getting it all in writing. DOES $100 A MONTH SOUND REASONABLE I HAVENT QUOTED ANY STORAGE FACILITIES YET.
OLDSKOOKLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:25 PM   #16
Bus Nut
 
skoolie_n00bie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 447
Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: International
Engine: Navistar 5.9 Diesel
Rated Cap: A butt-load...
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSKOOKLIE View Post
Just talked to them yesterday, asked them specifically for a school bus. They said i can keep anything there as long as its not stolen. There are boats and car trailers in the lot also so i should be alright but ill definitely be getting it all in writing. DOES $100 A MONTH SOUND REASONABLE I HAVENT QUOTED ANY STORAGE FACILITIES YET.
I wish i could have stored our skoolie down the street in a community gated parking for $100/mo! that, in my area is a great price!
Hopefully, won't need the storage any longer, after we get our title today! YES!
BTW, another floridian, here! P.Pines/Ft. Lauderdale!

I can say from personal experience that if you can work constantly on the bus, you can probably get it done for "livable condition". after all, i probably put a total of a full month (if that!) worth of work, and i'm pretty close at being done...this all in a 2yr span, though!
As you'll see in other threads, and as others have pointed out, some (if not most) of these conversions take years.
Buckle your chin-strap, shoulders down, dive in!

Welcome to the madness!
__________________
n00b build > http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f27/th...ily-10122.html
Not my fault if anything I post results in someone losing a finger...
Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum
skoolie_n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:49 PM   #17
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 7,904
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolie_n00bie View Post
I wish i could have stored our skoolie down the street in a community gated parking for $100/mo! that, in my area is a great price!
Hopefully, won't need the storage any longer, after we get our title today! YES!
BTW, another floridian, here! P.Pines/Ft. Lauderdale!

I can say from personal experience that if you can work constantly on the bus, you can probably get it done for "livable condition". after all, i probably put a total of a full month (if that!) worth of work, and i'm pretty close at being done...this all in a 2yr span, though!
As you'll see in other threads, and as others have pointed out, some (if not most) of these conversions take years.
Buckle your chin-strap, shoulders down, dive in!

Welcome to the madness!
I think $100 / month is a fair price... I got lucky and found a guy with a business building food trucks that bought a HUGE old factory and is renting spaces at $125 / month for Indoor storage here in Ohio.. so good deals do exist.. but anyplace you can store that is gated is good, esp since its tougher to secure a school bus.. and keeps the run-around kids from playing in your bus..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:20 PM   #18
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: chicago, il
Posts: 220
Year: 2003
Chassis: IC CE
Engine: T444
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSKOOKLIE View Post
Just talked to them yesterday, asked them specifically for a school bus. They said i can keep anything there as long as its not stolen. There are boats and car trailers in the lot also so i should be alright but ill definitely be getting it all in writing. DOES $100 A MONTH SOUND REASONABLE I HAVENT QUOTED ANY STORAGE FACILITIES YET.
Thats what i am paying in chicago, and that was the cheapest i could find.
Azuleslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.