Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2018, 11:12 AM   #1

Year: 1988
Chassis: thomas
Hi from Alabama

Just wanted to intro myself. 50ish single mom (for 18 years) of two great teenagers. No career just work (all the time). Own my own home and turned part into a rental apartment to help pay the bills. I grew up on a carnival so I was born with the travel bug in me. I just bought a 1988 (maybe too big) school bus that has been partially converted. The plan is to work on it in the back yard until my kids start working then hit the road. Going nowhere special just want out of this rat race. I haven't filled out the bus info part of the profile yet but will at some time. I know it's a gas Ford,56 passenger, been parked since 2003 but drove it home without issue (have to learn about air brakes). That's about it for now.

Tisnot2L84me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:33 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 7.3L
Welcome to the site! Are you going to continue with the partial conversion or rip it all out and start fresh?
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:52 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/Allison
Rated Cap: 74
Welcome to the madness!
Old 08-20-2018, 03:45 PM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: Genesis
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 84lug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisnot2L84me View Post
Just wanted to intro myself. 50ish single mom (for 18 years) of two great teenagers. No career just work (all the time). Own my own home and turned part into a rental apartment to help pay the bills. I grew up on a carnival so I was born with the travel bug in me. I just bought a 1988 (maybe too big) school bus that has been partially converted. The plan is to work on it in the back yard until my kids start working then hit the road. Going nowhere special just want out of this rat race. I haven't filled out the bus info part of the profile yet but will at some time. I know it's a gas Ford,56 passenger, been parked since 2003 but drove it home without issue (have to learn about air brakes). That's about it for now.
Awesome! Welcome to the skoolie family.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:07 PM   #5

First post ever, so figured I'd use it to welcome another first timer.
I know a bit about the travel bug too. Go for it! Much success.
ColoErik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:20 PM   #6

Hi Tisnot2L84me. What part of Alabama? I'm in Madison County. I don't have a bus yet, but I'm close. I'm gathering information about titling as RV, insurance, etc. The more I dig, the more I realize there are no contacts at the state or local level that know what's going on in this particular arena. What little details they do give are inconsistent. I thinks it's gonna be one of those cross my fingers and hope for the best sort of deals. All part of the Skoolie adventure, I guess.
If your in the Madison area and need help working on your Skoolie let me know. I'm glad to pitch-in.
eric1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:40 AM   #7

Year: 1988
Chassis: thomas
I'm in Albertville. Still haven't checked on title change or insurance yet. Would love for you to look at it and maybe give me some ideas. Let me know what you find out about title and ins.
Tisnot2L84me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
airbrakes, alabama, ford bus, nervous, newbie