Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2019, 09:41 PM   #21
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: GA39530
Engine: DT466E 215hp 620tq
Rated Cap: 40
Buzz

Hay Buzz, how goes the build?

FamilyCircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:02 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Conventional
Engine: Cummins 8.3
Rated Cap: 84
Wayell.....

Come to find out, a tax code invented by a cabinet of zillionaires isn't made to benefit the middle class, and all my money (plus a little) has gone to paying income tax.

The upshot is (and I'm actually getting a little excited about this) that the high school shop class I'm teaching in the fall is going to undertake the build. I figure it will be a great way to teach the students about a range of trades and skills, and when all is said and done we'll auction it off on parents' weekend (when parents of boarding students come to visit the campus.)

I'll do some of the preliminary stuff over the summer, and start a build thread when it gets rolling.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:31 PM   #23
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Nichols View Post
Wayell.....

Come to find out, a tax code invented by a cabinet of zillionaires isn't made to benefit the middle class, and all my money (plus a little) has gone to paying income tax.

The upshot is (and I'm actually getting a little excited about this) that the high school shop class I'm teaching in the fall is going to undertake the build. I figure it will be a great way to teach the students about a range of trades and skills, and when all is said and done we'll auction it off on parents' weekend (when parents of boarding students come to visit the campus.)

I'll do some of the preliminary stuff over the summer, and start a build thread when it gets rolling.
GREAT idea!
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:57 AM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Hey all, sorry for reviving a dead post. Just wondering how the build is going and jump on the bandwagon for a Utah meet/camp. We'll be starting our build here in the next few months. Very encouraging to see so many Utah people! We're in Salt Lake.
alpedfam is offline   Reply With Quote