Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2017, 11:49 AM   #1

Hi from my truck on the road

Hi everyone. I'm Char and I'm a trucker. I'm currently driving team with my boyfriend. We travel the country working and while it sounds perfect it lacks time and access to enjoy sights and experience life because we're always having to hurry to our next pickup and delivery. I've been looking at tiny houses for a while. We own 2 duplexes in Austin that we rent out 2 units to family and 2 units to regular renters. The rents barely cover the mortgages. We use most of our money to help care for our familes with financial problems. Because of this we are always on the road and have no place of our own. After some discussion last night I finally convinced Guillermo, my other half that this is a really cool idea. We are already used to living small and it would be nice to get our little bit of stuff out of storage and when we do go home to have our place and not sleep on couches of friends, family or a hotel room.

After we find our bus... We are currently discussing what type we are thinking about 2 years for the work making it livable. This is more due to time and access than money.

Anyways this is us in our truck and hi.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Charlami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:46 PM   #2
Skoolie

Chassis: Sold
Welcome! I used to be OTR and understand your pain.... Going past amazing places but no time to stop.

When your out working can you leave your bus in a safe and free area? Even better safe, free spot with some utilities? That will help in many ways, for one, with the conversion process.

This forum has a ton of great info, one tip to share is to use the search function and see if someone already asked a question similar to yours as they very well may have. Again, welcome!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
jctrembly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:42 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Welcome

Isn't that the story of our working lives? No time to enjoy the things we encounter.