Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2016, 02:23 PM   #1

Location: West Tennessee 1/2 way between Nashville & Memphis 15 minutes N of I-40 @ exit # 108
Year: Yup
Coachwork: custom
Hi I'm B_K and I'm a "BUSNUT"

Hello, Busted Knuckle aka B_K here.
I am a busnut with 5 buses and love everything about them including working on them so therefore I must be a busnut!
I am on some other busnut boards and some of you may recognize me. (yeah there goes the neighborhood!)
Anyway I am a bus owner/driver/mechanic and my family has been in the charter bus business for years.
I am not in denial about my addiction, nor am I seeking rehabilitation from it I rather enjoy it!
I KNOW NOTHING about schoolies (but then again I knew nothing about any other thing I ever taught myself to work on either!), but they are buses so HERE I AM!

I am a technologically challenged, HANDS on learner ! I get lost very fast in TECHNO talk, but can lose others in gearhead talk!

I can read very well, however I have trouble putting the info I just read into perspective when working on things ie: I can read, re-read and re-reread something in a manual and still not tell you how it works or how to take it apart and put it back together.
But I can take tools and disassemble something notice what's "not right" about something, fix it and put it back together and then I can explain how it works, and how to take apart, fix and put back together!
I look very much to looking at, listening and learning from members here as well as maybe be able to help once in a while on things I do know about!

Old 08-14-2016, 02:48 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Welcome B_K! Haha I wish I had that learning ability. I'm way techie and know nothing about motors. Glad you're diving into the Skoolie world as well
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:03 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Hi B_K!
BusFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:36 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
Welcome BK!

Long lost brother? I too can dig into a machine and hear it's gears and parts like a symphony, and if some part is playing off key i can hear it loud and clear.

I look forward to seeing some pictures of your busses.
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:02 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Real nice to have ya man.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote