Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2019, 09:53 AM   #41
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyDee View Post
Please be very careful in getting a CDL. You will be under the CDL regulations regardless of the vehicle you are controlling (and that includes cars). Please research what has been said elsewhere on this board about CDLs. Please understand what you will be getting into with a CDL!
I definitely will. I have a lot of research to do and this is at the top of the list. Luckily my dad is a trucker so he’s able to give a little insight on the situation. I’ll definitely look fully into the licensing before I jump into it!

ReconcilingRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:12 AM   #42
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemadTurk View Post
I started my conversion about a year ago with a bus i bought on auction from Chester County S. C. . A little over half way through with it. My wife had never driven anything bigger than our mini van lol but now she does most of the driving . her and grandkids will leave me in heart beat to go camping. I think the festival you mentioned is in Macon GA.? We live about 2 miles from Macon. Feel free to hit us up if you would like and we will drive into Macon and you can check out "Lucile".
Plumbing and electrical is complete and i'm removing 112 year old wood from my Great Grandfathers house to complete the insides with .
good luck
Very cool!!!! Yes! I would love to see your conversion and meet you guys! I got a campsite with my friend so we will be there all weekend. I’ll message you my number. Definitely keep in touch.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:39 AM   #43
Mini-Skoolie

Upstate Carolinas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_SwiftFur View Post
If you're coming down I-85, you'll be passing by me. Feel free to stop by if you want to look at/test drive mine.
And I live in Columbus NC. If you are close, come by and check out Pryscilla Glamping Queen. She is fabulous.
In NC she is considered an RV and no CDL required.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190211_102031307.jpg  
JocelynDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:53 AM   #44
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JocelynDavis View Post
And I live in Columbus NC. If you are close, come by and check out Pryscilla Glamping Queen. She is fabulous.
In NC she is considered an RV and no CDL required.
THANK YOU!! It looks like there are going to be many weekend trips to come see everyone's conversions! Thank you for opening your home and allowing me to learn! I greatly greatly appreciate it!

-RR
Old 02-12-2019, 08:55 AM   #45
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rffffffff View Post
I agree with most of what’s said in this thread, but I have found that my 35 foot bus is about all I would ever want... seems like it’s about the limit to fit into two parking spaces end to end, making it wildly more convenient than having to take up 5 spaces the other direction... just my little input. Good luck!
Thank you so much for sharing. I am hoping once I can walk through a few different size conversions I will be able to make up my mind. From what I am seeing, I think a mid size bus would be more than enough for me. Are you on the East Coast?

-RR
Old 02-12-2019, 09:02 AM   #46
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokedown View Post
The TC1000 and short TC2000 seem to be pretty universal chick magnets. 26-ish foot transit style, the tend to sell for a premium over longer TC2000 buses even.
I will definitely check both of them out. I saw something the other day about how a small wheel base is easier to maneuver so that is definitely a big deal on my list.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:15 AM   #47
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcohen64 View Post
Welcome on this amazing journey. I look forward to seeing your new life, dream, home come to life on this forum. I have been lurking for awhile since purchasing my shorty, and I hope to begin my own build soon as well.
Hell YES! thank you for the encouragement! I hope nothing but the good stuff comes your way as well.

--RR
Old 02-12-2019, 09:42 AM   #48
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconcilingRoamer View Post
I will definitely check both of them out. I saw something the other day about how a small wheel base is easier to maneuver so that is definitely a big deal on my list.
One of the big trade-offs with the short wheelbase is that they tend to see-saw down the road. Many of them even use ballast to try to keep the chassis more settled.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:57 AM   #49
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokedown View Post
One of the big trade-offs with the short wheelbase is that they tend to see-saw down the road. Many of them even use ballast to try to keep the chassis more settled.
All these things to learn!!! So much information but good good stuff!
Old 02-10-2021, 11:54 AM   #50
Traveling

Dana, I'm very happy for you. I think that travel and adventure after such a difficult period in life are the best remedy. Most women after divorce fall into depression, but you have decided to try new things, to find yourself. That's good. I also love to travel. My husband and I took our RV and drove miles away from home in search of new adventures and friends. As long as you live, I think it would be great to enjoy your life. Even if sometimes it is difficult, never give up.
Sephurg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alltheknowledge, hereforthegoodvibes, newbie, skoolienoob

« Hello | New here »