Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2017, 03:23 PM   #1

Hi Y'all!!! I wanna convert a Skoolie into a STEM Mobile HUB!!! STEM Rocks!!!

I need help as I am not a DIY person. I have pictures of what I desire the inside of the bus to look like, I need to have an idea of a reasonable budget and guidance for folks who can help me achieve this.

I run a Social enterprise that focuses on STEM for kids and equipping their teachers. I am so excited at the possibilities of the things that can be achieved with this STEM Mobile HUB.

Thanks!!!!

LadyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 03:50 PM   #2
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Welcome !

What a cool project !

Please fill-out your location so we can point you to help near you.

You should read-up on other Mobile STEM vehicles. You may want to convert a bookmobile or mobile police command unit.

https://www.ucrsi.org/stemmobile
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:27 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
Cool, I help my two kids and the local high school with there robotics competitions.
My wife and I took our bus to the competition last year but it was because my kids were there and three other neighbor kids were participating and there parents weren't interested so instead of riding the school bus with all the others they rode the cool bus with us and it gave us somewhere to chill and cook/make our own food besides in the bleachers and buying concession stand stuff.(I know the proceeds are supposed to go to the school?) but we even fed our teams kids and parents at the cool bus.
Love the idea but as already suggested you might like the bookmobile or mobile command unit a lot better cause they are already set up with heat,AC,generator and all the inverter,converter wiring to make them work.
My 17-yr old son has actually been offered a job with FRC (First Robotics).
Good luck and have fun
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:21 AM   #4

Thanks for the suggestions

I will be in the Dallas area working on getting this together. Where will I be able to get used bookmobiles or mobile command units for this? As a non-profit, my funds are limited but I am very excited to use this to promote STEM to our kids and empower their teachers.

I appreciate all of the responses.
LadyT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maker space, mobile hub, stem