Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2017, 09:23 AM   #1

Chassis: Thomas
Hola!

So have had an epiphany as of late that my boyfriend and I want to convert a school bus and live in it full time. We had this realization that this is something we've both been wanting to do for years and now we have a goal working towards it. He has designed the bus from top to bottom already. It's pretty impressive to say the least!
We're definitely researching and learning all that we can and this forum definitely helps!
The boyfriend is a traveling tattoo artist & sideshow performer and has established clientele in many places along the East Coast, he just now wants to add a bus to picture. I am a photographer and artisan who creates steampunk jewelry and beetles. Right now I'm not sure how I would uproot my photography business and be able to travel but I feel everything will fall into place in due time.
We're both located in central Florida and would love to be able to maybe meet some skoolie locals and I am dying to see a converted bus in person! I'm a visualizer for sure. Hope to learn a lot here! Thanks!

obscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:38 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Welcome guys! --- Sounds like your lifestyle was made for Skoolie living (and fun too). Just read all the build threads you can possibly absorb and take notes on what seems to fit your particular dream. No two alike here. That's the Skoolie advantage...make it what works for you. Great and wacky bunch of folks here who are happy to share their experiences and opinions. Just take what fits and giggle at the rest.

Best of luck on the hunt.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote