Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2017, 09:22 AM   #1

Talking Howdy from a super newbie.

Greetings everyone,

My husband and I are ready to get out of dodge and be out on some land and traveling around. I first started to get into tiny houses but then I realized a bus would be way cooler and much more mobile. We both have good paying careers, but are wanting to new lifestyle. I teach high school. I teach Architecture, Engineering and GIS (Geographical Info Systems) and my husband works in Quality Assurance/Quality Control and has his masters in Regulatory Science. We are hoping to land some online jobs. We have a designer/builder in Lubbock, Texas. We are currently in San Diego, CA. So we are looking to get a bus from Texas, so we can drive/tow it to Lubbock. We are both Texas Tech Grads and my husband was born and raised in Lubbock. I grew up in Plano, Tx. We are at the very beginning stages to see if we can make this work. We want a bus under $8000, even lower if we can help it. Just here to learn and absorb as much as we can. We are very excited to get this going.

We also live a holistic lifestyle and hope to travel to organic farms around the country too. We think California will be where we mainly park it. My father in law is up in central Cali doing some work on some farms, and we hope to join him. We just want more freedom and to have new jobs that don't tie us down so much. Any info, advice, is welcome.

Jtastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:32 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Welcome aboard!
jonnichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:33 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
Welcome folks, hope you find your bus and are able to live as you wish on it.

When you purchase your bus, there will be assorted buzzers on it for specific reasons. Do not cut any of the wires to any of them at any time until you or someone who understands those systems can assist you properly.
Everyday here there is someone new with this problem because they no not what they are doing and wonder why their bus won't start afterwards.
In doing that you will have many happy years of service from your bus.
No, this is not a joke, just wanted to get you off on the right foot.
Plano? Is that you Sue Ellen, lol?
Old 04-07-2017, 12:09 PM   #4

Ha...no not Sue Ellen....he he.
Jtastik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bus, newbie, onlinejobs, renovation, skoolie