Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2017, 08:05 AM   #1
Scared to Post

Howdy From Houston!

My girlfriend and I work in the industrial world in sales and engineering down here in Houston, TX. We first thought about spending some time in a Sprinter, but after looking around and doing somewhat of a cost benefit analysis, it appears your money goes much further with a bus. Hoping to buy one in the next year or two and begin the conversion. Looking for a Type C or Type D. Have been cruising publicsurplus and Craigslist for possible options. All suggestions are welcome, and wanted!

Aaron_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:35 PM   #2
Skoolie

Welcome!

I lived in Houston for many years and hope to be moving back soon! Being a big city there are plenty of places to buy a skoolie from in the area!
deftone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:47 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_B View Post
My girlfriend and I work in the industrial world in sales and engineering down here in Houston, TX. We first thought about spending some time in a Sprinter, but after looking around and doing somewhat of a cost benefit analysis, it appears your money goes much further with a bus. Hoping to buy one in the next year or two and begin the conversion. Looking for a Type C or Type D. Have been cruising publicsurplus and Craigslist for possible options. All suggestions are welcome, and wanted!
I saw a bus down here in Alvin last week Aaron. It was on 1462, just south of Alvin. I will take a look this weekend and if it is there, I will send you some pics. BTW. Welcome to The CRAZIES !!!
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:40 PM   #4

Howdy from El Paso

Hi there, nice to see another Texan on this or any site. This is my first post as well, but when I saw that you're from Houston, I thought I'd say, "hey!"
Abbadackerygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:35 AM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Hey Aaron! You might see my bus out on the road today on I-10. I'm headed to Blumenthal's for a quote on some work. They're close to downtown. See ya out there!
Attached Thumbnails
20161008_1612213.jpg  
Old 03-17-2017, 09:31 AM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Some very good deals on solid buses to be had right here in the Houston area directly from the school districts. You'll pay what the scalpers pay plus often have access to the maintenance records.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote