Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2019, 04:36 PM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Gnome View Post
I'm looking for a community - hopefully "eco-friendly" - to live in. Bus will be done.

Buying that land is my next goal in life. My friend lived in a little town in the Wyoming mountains for 20 years. 20 years ago, people would say "you live THERE? WHY". After the economy collapse and housing crisis thing 10 years ago, the unaffected rich started quietly buying up all these places, and now the lots there are over $1,000,000, up from $10,000. The small airport nearby makes it possible for them to fly in and out....
Its getting like that everywhere. Get land while you can, it is going fast....
That would make an acre in Wyoming $5,000,000?

o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:24 PM   #22
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
That would make an acre in Wyoming $5,000,000?
In that one little town, so my friend said last summer. I drove through there....wow what a difference. 20-30 private jets parked next to the lake, all shiny and money. Near Jackson Hole skiing and Yellowstone. You might be able to buy a whole county in eastern Wyoming for that price, where nothing grows, and no shale-oil or NG is found, no water, nothing to do for miles and miles...
They had to move to Idaho for years (defaulted on his loan for 3 months at the economic collapse, and refused to pay lawyer's fees to the bank to clear it up....then land prices soared) but someone he knows is renting him a small home back in that little WY town again.
Mountain Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote