Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2017, 06:18 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Howdy! Thinking of the skoolie life...

Just joined up, interested in learning more before we start a skoolie conversion journey. We are two adults, one toddler and another one planned for next year. My wife is headed to grad school next year and we're exploring alternatives to the underwhelming suburban lifestyle we are currently in. My brother in-law, his girlfriend and toddler have been doing the skoolie thing for almost two years now.

I do of course have the obligatory question on what to look for. I've been stalking the forum and looking at a lot of the threads regarding drivetrains, front engine vs rear, size, body etc. It's all quite overwhelming at first. Basically, our current idea is year round living, set up for cold weather. We would likely be moving for work assignments every 3-4 months, but staying put and using local transport or rental cars while there. So going fast isnt really necessary, but being able to climb a hill definitely is. Also, no roof raise needed, we are short! Ideally we would find a place when we move for grad school next year that will allows us to park the bus and work on it over the following two years, then hit the road.

Thanks all for the encyclopedia of information that has already been shared on this forum!

cwbrett is offline   Reply With Quote