Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2017, 11:56 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
I'm pretty good at locking myself out so when I made up my pneumatic door I added a key operated switch on the side of the cowl. You can just make out the pair of key switches--one for the door the other for the compressor. The upper switch operates an air solenoid that causes the door to open or close dependent on the position of the key. The lower switch is for the compressor. I've managed to run the air up without thinking about the door and would have been badly locked out without the switch. Once the door is closed, its mechanism (pirated from a transit bus) locks the door closed from the outside even after the air pressure has drained off. Jack

[IMG][/IMG].

[IMG][/IMG].

ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:46 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu & Filo. T View Post
Just a word of advice, When you start your bus MAKE SURE the switch for your door is in the open postion before stepping out while waiting for things to build up. I once started the bus & stepped out & a few minutes later was walking back & the door was about 3/4 closed & had to use all my strength to hold the door enough to squeeze thru, Another member a year or so ago did the same thing only his door was closed when he got to the door, I think his bus idled for a couple days while trying to figure out how to get in .
Opening the air tank drains might've got him in

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
cwol97401 is offline   Reply With Quote