Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-23-2016, 02:57 PM   #1
Skoolie
 
mikeypj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 156
Im a Noob , hey ya gotta start somewhere!

Im just getting into the skoolie life.. I dream about the freedom that it allows. I have no bus yet, im doing as much research as possible before i purchase anything. Thanks for the add!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
mikeypj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:11 PM   #2
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 205
Welcome to the forum !! There is a ton of info on here to help with your research!

What style of bus are you looking for?
deftone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:20 PM   #3
Skoolie
 
mikeypj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 156
Diesel, auto tranny, want a 40 ft. If i can get one with the belly bays would be great. Up in the air on front or rear motor and dog nose or flat front.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
mikeypj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:45 PM   #4
Skoolie
 
mikeypj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 156
Right now im in Iowa, but moving to Arizona next spring. The buses for sale here in Ia are at least 5,000 cheaper than most of what I've seen for sale in Az.. ridiculous. ..

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
mikeypj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 10:41 PM   #5
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeypj View Post
Right now im in Iowa, but moving to Arizona next spring. The buses for sale here in Ia are at least 5,000 cheaper than most of what I've seen for sale in Az.. ridiculous. ..

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Keep an eye on the auctions. Seems to be great deals if you catch them and the Mexican bus firms aren't there buying them all. I got lucky with my 40ft 2003 RE flat front.
deftone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 10:47 PM   #6
Bus Nut
 
oricha1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 621
Chassis: GMC or Chevrolet, I hope
Engine: gasser probably
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeypj View Post
Im just getting into the skoolie life.. I dream about the freedom that it allows. I have no bus yet, im doing as much research as possible before i purchase anything. Thanks for the add!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
welcome,
another noob learning here
__________________
the more i learn, the less I know what to buy . . .
oricha1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:03 AM   #7
Skoolie
 
mikeypj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by deftone View Post
Keep an eye on the auctions. Seems to be great deals if you catch them and the Mexican bus firms aren't there buying them all. I got lucky with my 40ft 2003 RE flat front.
If i may ask, what did you pay?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
mikeypj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:06 AM   #8
Skoolie
 
mikeypj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by oricha1984 View Post
welcome,
another noob learning here
Howdy! How goes your researching? Any great sites (besides this one)?
mikeypj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:04 AM   #9
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeypj View Post
If i may ask, what did you pay?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
I lucked out and won mine for $150, someone consigned the bus to a farm auction and no farmer was looking for a bus I guess.

Keep an eye on proxibid.com
deftone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:09 AM   #10
Skoolie
 
mikeypj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by deftone View Post
I lucked out and won mine for $150, someone consigned the bus to a farm auction and no farmer was looking for a bus I guess.

Keep an eye on proxibid.com
WOW, im ready to drop 5k for the "perfect" bus. I hope to find it for alot less, more to put into the conversion.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
mikeypj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.