Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2016, 11:03 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
I'm back.....

I'm not a new member but I have been gone for several years.... I had a 1992 Ward on an International frame but due to a dispute with the storage company where I was keeping it I ended up losing it... fortunately I had not gotten very far on that project (had only gotten as far as pulling the seats out so my only other loss was of my time and a few odds and ends I'd picked up along the way). Now I'm in the process of purchasing a 2005 Thomas pusher to start a new project. When I get it I'll post some photos.... and I already have some of the conversion items on order so I can get started working on it right away.

As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
AlleyCat67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:53 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Hey there. Welcome back!
Got a 92 Ward myself. Lost my first bus due to city code enforcement and storage issues.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:40 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
I don't think I'll run into those issues since I'm pretty much gonna be fulltiming it right out of the gate this time around, even while the conversion is in progress. Long story short, in less than a month I'm gonna be homeless due to circumstances beyond my control... my credit is ruined so I can't get an apartment, and I can't get anyone on Craigslist to return an email or text message about their advertised rooms for rent to save my life. So this is all I have left.

I've already ordered my 50A electric panel, inlet plug and shore cable so I can plug in heaters for when it gets colder, and also have ordered my water heater so I'll have hot water to wash with.

Not sure how campgrounds will react to my doing a conversion in the park so I'll kind of have to do it "under the radar" which won't be a big deal for strictly internal things but the things that I have to get up under it to do, or otherwise have to deal with outside (like cutting framing lumber for the walls) might be a sticky wicket. Will just deal with that as it comes I guess.
As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
AlleyCat67 is offline   Reply With Quote