Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
Skoolie

introduction

hi all, i am a newbie to your site, but have been reading your posts for months and find this site to be one of, if not the best skoolie site out there.ive seen some superb work and all the people seem first class. although my buses are not works of skool bus conversion art, i enjoy working on them none the less. i love all skoolies high or low tech. i have two buses myself. one is a 1984 crown skoolie (6-71 turbo pancake/ allison 4 speed auto) retired from the issaquaw, washington school district. the other is a 1964 international/wayne short conventional (20 footer, last year of the round back)so just wanted to say keep up all the great work westport-wayne

westport_wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:51 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
I'm glad you like the site, I hope you stick around and feel free to jump in on the topics.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:33 PM   #3
Skoolie

reply to steve

hey, thanks for the welcome steve. i really enjoy this site.i am also a big international fan. i think your bus is great. although my 84 crown is a running ongoing low tech conversion, seeing your international makes me want to start back working on my 1964 int./ wayne shorty. it needs ALOT of work. the body is in great shape but evry thing else needs help. someone put a 455 olds moter and tranny in it, the wireing is old and brittal ect. but it is cute as a bugs ear. i bought a 1974 international 25 foot ex-church bus for parts. it has the origanal 345 V8 and a 4 speed auto. plus the front end clip is in perfect shape were as the 64 shorty has a rusted out fender under the batery box. even though the crown runs great, it is 34 feet long and i want to tow a small boat and that is to much lenght for me. lately after looking every where, ive come to the concluesion that i want a 1991 to 1996 international 25 footer dog nose. i thought about one of those small 1 ton van buses but hell there usually ruted out. the international is built like a tank. enough for now WESTPORT_WAYNE
Old 03-30-2006, 07:35 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Make sure your 91-96 International doesn't have the IDI 6.9 or 7.3. They are gutless and rumored to eat transmissions. A DT serious on the otherhand would be a fine choice.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:50 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Welcome to the forum.
Slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:09 AM   #6
Bus Nut

Welcome from another Northwesterner. I'm in Washington north of Seattle on Whidbey Island (near Deception Pass).

I love Crowns but when I was looking for my bus I couldn't find any other than in California at the time and I was too anxious to wait. I did end up with a nice S1800 International with a Blue Bird body and a DT466 engine (it's 35' overall).

Skoolie.net Gallery
Illusion's SmugMug site
Les Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:28 AM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8
Hi Wayne,

Welcome to the club. I also have a 81 Crown but, I haven't had much time to do anything on it (also short of funds ).

I would really llike to see what you've done with your bus and I was wondering if you can post some pictures.

Again, Welcome.
Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:48 AM   #8
Skoolie

84 crown

hi roasting8, i got my crown from the western bus sales in portland oregon. they are a blue bird dealer for new buses but always got loads of all kinds of buses. internationals up the ying yang. they seem to be over priced on some things but you can jew them down. (westernbus.com)i didnt do a real fancy conversion on my crown for we just take it camping in the mountains. plus im just a working stiff with a couple kids.one thing i am glad i DID NOT do was to put carpet in it. its got that thick green flooring that just gets dirt, chicken bones, dog food, pop cans ect. all over. its just a secondhand store, home depoe,ace hardware special, but she fire right up and we go. ill try to figure out how to post some pics on this site. ALSO, waveing a hand to fellow n.w. er at whidbey island. im due south of you 30 miles inland on the columbia river, oregon side.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:02 AM   #9
Skoolie

84 crown

hey roasting8, i sent you some pics of my crown to your e-mail address. my hillbilly conversion. hey my chihuahua loves to chew on the futon.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:44 PM   #10
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8
I got your pictures and sent you some of mine.

I like what you did with the Crown and, to tell you the truth, I'd be happy with just a simple conversion.

I bought my bus from Certified Transportation, in Santa Anna, drove it to Phoenix, and last year relocated to Houston (didn't have to pay for a moving van ) .

I haven't done much because I either don't have the time (working lost of overtime) or I don't have the money (the overtime should cure that )

BTW, the beauty of having dogs in the bus is you never have to worry about dropped food on the floor (nature's floor vacuums). I have two Aussie Cattle Dogs and they never leave anything on the floor.

Thanks for the pics,

Robert
Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:38 PM   #11
Almost There

Year: 1984
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: orig.327, now 429
Rated Cap: 66
Send a message via ICQ to abdabbs Send a message via AIM to abdabbs
Welcome

Welcome to the forum !!
abdabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:54 PM   #12
Bus Nut

I'd like to see some pics. You can create a gallery pritty easily, then you wouldnt have to email them.

Also welcome to the site.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #13
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roasting8
BTW, the beauty of having dogs in the bus is you never have to worry about dropped food on the floor (nature's floor vacuums). I have two Aussie Cattle Dogs and they never leave anything on the floor.

Thanks for the pics,

Robert
LOL...that's exactly the vacuum system we have in our bus...two Australian Cattle Dogs! Yowza...we might start a trend!

Skoolie.net Gallery
Illusion's SmugMug site
Les Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:52 PM   #14
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77
My dog isn't bus-friendly...he's a St. Bernard that's almost as big as I am. Marm is the world's laziest & hairiest dog.

I bring 2 of my cats.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 05:24 PM   #15

Hi all!! I a new one here!!! I have been looking at this site for the past few weeks and finally decided to join in the fun. There is lots of great information here. Hats of to the admin!!!Well anyway, I just purchased a 1988 chevy deasil school bus of of ebay. I am from southeast Louisiana. I can't wait to get started on my conversion. I look forward to posting with you all.
BlueCruzier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:15 PM   #16
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Given the age and make of your bus, I'm going to assume (ass...u...me....I know) it's an 8.2 Detroit with an AT545, but why don't you set me straight and let us all know what you're working with.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:40 PM   #17

Thats right
BlueCruzier is offline   Reply With Quote