Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2017, 05:08 AM   #1

Post Just arrived to try and get info

HELLO from Sin City. Just an into, I'm Paricia n my 9yo daughter is dead set on living in our own bus. "the best time is NOW mom, since I'm home schooled." I think she's right. The first order of business is selecting a model n yr of bus. He did u all choose?

izzabella216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:35 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
This is a great time. I teach online and decided why sit behind a desk in a house when I could be out on the road exploring.
I have about 3-4 months to go then I am selling everything and hitting the road.

I picked up a nice 2000 International 8 window bus (28 feet from bumper to bumper). It is being painted now - and should be fully converted within the next month.

I spent a lot of time looking at bus sizes - and types. There are so many out there. I watched a lot of YouTube bus conversions - and then worked out how much space I comfortable needed.

You found the right site for information. Make that dream a reality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzabella216 View Post
HELLO from Sin City. Just an into, I'm Paricia n my 9yo daughter is dead set on living in our own bus. "the best time is NOW mom, since I'm home schooled." I think she's right. The first order of business is selecting a model n yr of bus. He did u all choose?
Dog Rescuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:43 AM   #3
Almost There

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzabella216 View Post
We started with a rough floor layout and figured out the minimum length we needed to make it work. Then we just began to look online for buses. Found a good one in a govt auction and went for it. Each make has its advantages and I'm sure many have strong opinions. I was more concerned with the engine and the condition of the body. Good luck, I hope it works out for you!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
ghodges is offline   Reply With Quote