Old 07-19-2019, 11:49 AM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC/AMTRANS RE
Engine: 7.3 T444E
Rated Cap: 36000lbs
Just saying howdy, my first post.

Hey yall my name is Pat and I've had my first bus since Oct 2018 and am loving it.
I made a 6hr drive to a large salvage dealer that had 70 buses to chose from and I picked a 04 IC rear engine that had 89k on the clock. The blame thing had over 3/4 a tank of fuel and I even made it home without the least bit of any problems and didn't have to even buy any fuel.

My setup is a 7.3 T444E mated to a Allison MD3060, I was hoping for the Cummins 8.3 or a IH DT466 but I cared more about the slush box model. I've worked on many a 7.3PowerStroke and have several spare parts for them and loads of knowledge on them so I didn't mind getting another, IF it decides it's done in life I will probably throw a DT530 in rather than rebuilding the 7.3.

Half the conversion is done and thankfully I had 2 class A RVs I scrapped out so I had plenty of goodies that I didn't have to buy for the bus, a big one being copper wire.

I've wired mine up with a 125amp service panel and currently it has 75amp service but in a RV park it goes down to 50amp.

Sorry if my post is boring but anyways.

If you want to find me on youtube my name on there is PatrickBaptist, I have lots of how to videos though it will be some time before I post videos on my bus but all the same for 7.3 stuff I def can help a person trouble shoot those.

My first big thing I want to get done mechanically is unlocking that 6th gear, my bus is limited to 55 and I want to be able to make atleast 65 (interstate speed in my land) and also to get the RPMs down as well.

I'm located up in northeast TN and hardly ever see anyone with a skoolie, if you are somewhere near me I'd love to meet and compare ideas, also if you are in the area and need help, I'm always for hire.
PatrickBaptist is offline   Reply With Quote