Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2019, 11:02 AM   #1

Just Starting My Search

Hi folks,

After thinking about purchasing a camper for the past 6 months, a friend of mine convinced me to look into Skoolie conversions. After doing some basic research, I am sold on the idea of doing my own conversion.

That being said, I am literally starting at square 1 and am hoping to get some feedback to help point me in the right direction.

My conversion will be for myself and my four dogs and I won't start my build until summer of 2020. So far, I am drawn to the conversions of Ford/Chevy passenger vehicles such as the F350, FE450, FE550 series that hold between 12-28 passengers. I am a little intimidated by the thought of getting a small/midsized school bus to convert, although I'm not totally opposed to the idea...

If anyone has feedback as far as pros/cons of either type, I'd love to hear them.

Also, I have looked at some Instagram accounts, read through some threads on here and other skoolie forums, but I'm still coming up empty (likely because I'm not looking in the right place) but can anyone point me in the right direction to read up and research the pros and cons of different engines and transmissions? I have seen a lot of opinions on which is better, but I'd really like to take the time to figure out which ones will be best for my situation.

Thanks!
Kimber

ShesABirdofPassage is offline   Reply With Quote