Old 05-05-2016, 06:25 PM   #11
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
thats an interestign design.. ive never seen a bus with small rear wheels like that to make a flat floor.. but the flat floor has to make cionversion much easier and probably makes the bus ride quieter as the tires stay away from protruding into the bus ..

looks like a great bus!
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:28 PM   #12
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
I like that. Again the flat floor like mine, but in a dog nose. I've never seen that before, but then I haven't seen a lot.

I'm curious to know how much floor space you have compared to the total length of your bus. I like that size and you've got the L-track all through the bus too. I thought it was cool how these special needs bus seats actually have four legs, and they still connect to the chair rail.

This bus is 26' long and it's 22.5 feet of flat floor space to the back of the drivers seat. My 5 window is 25' long and I think 16' of floor space with wheel wells. I'm amazed at how much wasted space there is.

is that because of seatbelts? I noticed that my seats are narrower but still have 4 legs... I didnt look closely to see where the seatbelts bolt down to.. im guessing there will be a lot of bolts for each seat I want to remove.. fortunately for me theres only a few im gooing to yank..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:54 PM   #13
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 1000
Engine: 5.9
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
I like the four legged seats. You can use them on the porch too.

Yeah, mine had a couple L-track bolts in each foot of the seats (8 bolts), plus a couple side rail bolts. The seat belts were just bolted to the back of the seat frames in mine.

In a regular bus without the L-track, I still remove the seat bolts then put lag bolts in the holes so you can unbolt them when alone. I seem to have a bad habit of changing my furniture around in this bus.

As far as I know the flat floor design is specific to these special needs buses. It is curious to see that in a dog nose.
Robin97396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:15 PM   #14

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Rated Cap: 48
I just measured to verify, I have 18'10" of flat floor from back wall to back of the drivers seat. I only have 7'3" width for the majority of it at the moment. I don't currently intend on gutting it, (I've read all about what a mistake this is, but I need to make sure I will enjoy this enough to spend anymore more time and money on it than already planned.) which would give me at least a few more inches to work with.
uhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:22 PM   #15
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 1000
Engine: 5.9
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
I can understand that. Given the amount of time I plan on spending in this bus, and considering how cold my feet were last winter, I'm going to try insulating. In the past I've basically used them like a large van. I'd replace a bad floor, put down linoleum and paint, but I never insulated. It is a shame to mark up this nice interior but it'll work out in the end.
Robin97396 is online now   Reply With Quote