Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2017, 04:39 PM   #1

Talking Living the dream

Hi all, I just purchased a 2001 GMC 3500 short bus and plan to convert it into a full time home for myself. I live in Flagstaff, AZ and just graduated from college here. My main reasons to take this project on are my love for the outdoors and hatred for paying rent. I am looking forward to everything on this site and meeting you all. I am not savvy to this sort of thing but I am excited and ready to learn! I apologize up front for the multitude of questions I will probably ask but I can't wait to get this started!

If anyone has any good recommendations for some awesome resources for places to start I would really appreciate it, thank you in advance!

hijermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:41 PM   #2

Photos

I will post photos when I have the opportunity to take some but I am currently working!
hijermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:59 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 24v
Rated Cap: 72 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by hijermy View Post
Hi all, I just purchased a 2001 GMC 3500 short bus and plan to convert it into a full time home for myself. I live in Flagstaff, AZ and just graduated from college here. My main reasons to take this project on are my love for the outdoors and hatred for paying rent. I am looking forward to everything on this site and meeting you all. I am not savvy to this sort of thing but I am excited and ready to learn! I apologize up front for the multitude of questions I will probably ask but I can't wait to get this started!

If anyone has any good recommendations for some awesome resources for places to start I would really appreciate it, thank you in advance!
First recommendation: get the seats out, find some tape and lay out your floorplan. If you are going to have a black and grey water tank the placement will drive where you can put the toilet.
Second: Go tour an RV dealership and find something the same size as your bus, to get ideas of what you can squeeze in and where.
Don't be afraid of Craigslist or recycling centers, you can find some gems.

Good luck and welcome!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Njsurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote