Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2017, 10:25 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Amtran
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
Long time lurker, first time builder

Hello every one. Been reading and watch this forum for a few years now. Finally got a bus o' my own and now the real fun begins. Also the PITA and the ouchies and the "Ah crap I didn't think of that" moments. Got a '01 Amtran with a T444E and a MD 3060 trans. Thanks in advance for any help.

MotorMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:30 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 24v
Rated Cap: 72 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorMike View Post
Hello every one. Been reading and watch this forum for a few years now. Finally got a bus o' my own and now the real fun begins. Also the PITA and the ouchies and the "Ah crap I didn't think of that" moments. Got a '01 Amtran with a T444E and a MD 3060 trans. Thanks in advance for any help.
Welcome! I almost got the same bus with a 466. Long story short, I got a bluebird instead. The Amtran is a nice bus. If you don't mind sharing, where did you find it? It could help others.
What is your plan?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Njsurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:29 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Amtran
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
LOL! I was JUST reading your build thread! Got the bus from First Student in Tacoma WA. They had about 5-6 to choose from. I got the 72 pass with the MD3060 instead of the MT 545. Plans are to turn it into a simple RV. No fulltiming, just festivals, week long road trips, and weekend camping trips with the Family. The Family is the wife, 4+ (friends?) kids, a Great Dane and a Mastiff. Want a master bed, couple of bunks, toilet, sink, stove, refer and seating.
MotorMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:31 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 24v
Rated Cap: 72 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorMike View Post
LOL! I was JUST reading your build thread! Got the bus from First Student in Tacoma WA. They had about 5-6 to choose from. I got the 72 pass with the MD3060 instead of the MT 545. Plans are to turn it into a simple RV. No fulltiming, just festivals, week long road trips, and weekend camping trips with the Family. The Family is the wife, 4+ (friends?) kids, a Great Dane and a Mastiff. Want a master bed, couple of bunks, toilet, sink, stove, refer and seating.
We are looking at the same type of build! Just opposite sides of the us.
Sounds like a good plan.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Njsurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote