Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowgathering13 View Post
I might have to start another thread for this if so let me know. Me and my significant other have been politely disputing the differences with a tiny bus home an Rv. Besides the price differences what are some of the best reasons you would want to own a Tiny bus home vs. an RV.

All 27passengers walked away.... Checked out at hospital for bumps & bruises! Some listed in stable condition, no life threatening injuries

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...tate/82015004/
Old 07-24-2016, 08:01 PM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Looking for a bus that's just come out of service. will assist you in the build. Buses are built to be driven 24/7/365. So the less time it's had to sit idle the less the bonded seams will harden, which means less leaks and things accumulating where they shouldn't.
retiredChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:52 PM   #13
Bus Nut

Quote:
I might have to start another thread for this if so let me know. Me and my significant other have been politely disputing the differences with a tiny bus home an Rv. Besides the price differences what are some of the best reasons you would want to own a Tiny bus home vs. an RV.
Search Youtube for RV renovations. You will quickly see how poorly the "affordable" ones are made. I actually blame the RV industry. They build overpriced crap that makes owners want to constantly replace or "upgrade". Now, if you consider Marathon or Newell coaches RVs, they're the real deal. But for more than $2 million they oughta be!

Good luck whichever direction you choose!
BusFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:03 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Quality quality quality! And safety!
If you build the bus yourself you will know exactly how it goes together, comes apart, and what to fix. You can build it just like you want. My mom keeps asking me to look at a factory built rv instead of taking my time to build our bus... How many motor homes do you see running around with a queen bed in the back, a bunk room with 3 bunks, and an extra large bunk above the driver for 3 more kids? Yeah right plus they are called stick and staples fit a reason!
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
[/B]

All 27passengers walked away.... Checked out at hospital for bumps & bruises! Some listed in stable condition, no life threatening injuries

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...tate/82015004/

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
daddyoften is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:38 PM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusFiend View Post
Search Youtube for RV renovations. You will quickly see how poorly the "affordable" ones are made. I actually blame the RV industry. They build overpriced crap that makes owners want to constantly replace or "upgrade". Now, if you consider Marathon or Newell coaches RVs, they're the real deal. But for more than $2 million they oughta be!

Good luck whichever direction you choose!
Yep it's not unique to America either. Except we have manufacturers trying to legislate self builds out of the equation in Australia.

+1 on the you build it you know every nut bolt pop rivet. You also control the engineered limits of the vehicle. Want to be able to roll it and walk away, fit a roll bar. Haven't as yet seen any factory rv even with a roll bar as an option.
retiredChemist is offline   Reply With Quote