Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2017, 02:03 PM   #1

My Green Machine!

I am bringing her home soon...Seats already removed from previous owner.
1989 Blue Bird 8.2 Detroit Diesel Rebuilt Allison Trans 10,000 miles ago.
Owned by race car driver who took very good care of her.
YAY!!!
Let the dream of my lifetime begin!
Click image for larger version

Name:	48038226-479-89-Chevy-60-series-duel-wheel-enclosed-c.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	14964

Swordswomyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:13 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
We are with ya a 1000 %
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:22 PM   #3
Skoolie

I'll like your wheel simulators I can show you how to put a chrome visor on that thing, actually mine is aluminum
milkmanchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:18 PM   #4

Thank you!!!
Old 07-24-2017, 04:19 PM   #5

What does your chrome visor look like?
Old 07-24-2017, 04:35 PM   #6
Skoolie

This is my bus it's name is Jeopardy One last week in the Hills of South Dakota. The visor is actually made out of two pieces of stamped diamond plate aluminum just under a quarter of an inch welded together in the middle with a one inch tube at the top bolted solid to the brow of the overhang of the windshield it was cut precisely so the windshield wipers would still be functionable. I think the angry visor makes it stand out a little bit..... gives it a little attitude[emoji34]
Old 07-24-2017, 04:59 PM   #7
Skoolie

PS here's a testimony for buying/owning a DT 360 or DT466 pre computer version. We left the Twin Cities at 8:30 in the morning and got to the Missouri River 8 hours later after a few fuel stops and potty breaks it was 107 degrees, that engine and transmission(4 speed automatic) never gave me a lick of trouble we were pulling one Goldwing and two 900s on a single axle trailer and a generator with six people aboard. We got six and a half miles to the gallon going west and we did a little better heading home going east. I Am So Satisfied with that DT 360 that thing is so dependable. The bus has 247000 miles on it and doesn't use any oil at all and it runs at 180 degrees the clutch fan did come on and work superbly when we're pulling a hill in the hundred degree weather.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:58 PM   #8

Very Very Nice!
Old 07-24-2017, 06:06 PM   #9
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordswomyn View Post
I am bringing her home soon...Seats already removed from previous owner.
1989 Blue Bird 8.2 Detroit Diesel Rebuilt Allison Trans 10,000 miles ago.
Owned by race car driver who took very good care of her.
YAY!!!
Let the dream of my lifetime begin!
Attachment 14964
Nice. My bus will be coming home soon too

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk
_Bus_102_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:11 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanchip View Post
PS here's a testimony for buying/owning a DT 360 or DT466 pre computer version. We left the Twin Cities at 8:30 in the morning and got to the Missouri River 8 hours later after a few fuel stops and potty breaks it was 107 degrees, that engine and transmission(4 speed automatic) never gave me a lick of trouble we were pulling one Goldwing and two 900s on a single axle trailer and a generator with six people aboard. We got six and a half miles to the gallon going west and we did a little better heading home going east. I Am So Satisfied with that DT 360 that thing is so dependable. The bus has 247000 miles on it and doesn't use any oil at all and it runs at 180 degrees the clutch fan did come on and work superbly when we're pulling a hill in the hundred degree weather.
Question for you. Pulling all of that implies you have yours set up for a trailer. Have you found that a conventional bus can actually handle a trailer well? I'd understood that only RE busses were really suited for mounting a hitch.
Evertiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:51 PM   #11
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanchip View Post
This is my bus it's name is Jeopardy One last week in the Hills of South Dakota. The visor is actually made out of two pieces of stamped diamond plate aluminum just under a quarter of an inch welded together in the middle with a one inch tube at the top bolted solid to the brow of the overhang of the windshield it was cut precisely so the windshield wipers would still be functionable. I think the angry visor makes it stand out a little bit..... gives it a little attitude[emoji34]
How can I get a visor like that on my shorty? I LOVE it!
Big chrome exhaust, the duck on the hood, and that visor would REALLY make my rig!!!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:51 PM   #12

Congrats!!! soon we will begin the conversion...YAY!
Old 07-24-2017, 08:56 PM   #13

More pics of my Green Machine

I just can't stop looking at the pics and dreaming about what she will
look like when I am done.
Going to Put A Welded Frame Sun Deck on top!
She has a Back door that comes down to make a deck that is covered with Diamond Plate...
Attached Thumbnails
00a0a_enRy16u0LUF_600x450.jpg   00C0C_2ckBp07ACML_600x450.jpg   00H0H_4QVh4MqlAXl_600x450.jpg   00x0x_156FB8LI3g4_600x450.jpg  
Old 07-24-2017, 09:14 PM   #14
Skoolie

You guys are going to have a blast. I'm sending some pics of my super simple visor if you copy this one it would be even easier because your wipers Come From the Bottom. The first picture is from standing next to the right front tire looking up, the second picture is straight on and the third picture is from the driver's side looking down on top of the visor we just used a lot of silicone where we use the self tapping screws to secure it to the front of the bus you could probably forego the one-inch U- shaped Channel in between the bus and the visor we only did that to get around the wipers. We want to see more buses with attitude!
Old 07-24-2017, 09:22 PM   #15
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evertiro View Post
Question for you. Pulling all of that implies you have yours set up for a trailer. Have you found that a conventional bus can actually handle a trailer well? I'd understood that only RE busses were really suited for mounting a hitch.
That's a good question we have a long bus a lot of bus beyond the axle but it works very good you just have to be careful how you turn and the swing of the back of the bus gets a little more tricky with a trailer on but as far as how it performed I didn't even know it was there except by seeing the bikes stick out over the edge of the trailer in my mirrors. I would tell anybody to go for it but make sure you have the hitch that matches the weight of what you're going to be pulling we have a class 3 Hitch with a standard 2-inch ball with a 1 inch Shank... All that said I know some states do not allow (school buses) to pull trailers... My bus is no longer a school bus I don't know what other states think about this matter but a simple phone call to the state would probably answer a lot of questions.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:04 AM   #16
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
Visor/ tough eyebrows

That is a good lookin bus!
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:19 AM   #17
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: myself
Chassis: amtran
Engine: international dt466e allison md 3060
Rated Cap: 13 ton or so says the tit
Headed to North Carolina. Os there anyone on here that will take a look at her. My turbo is screaming.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Dead pirate is offline   Reply With Quote