Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP EF
Engine: Cat 3126b
Rated Cap: 71
My name is David and I have an addiction

I'm not "new" I have after all posted a few times but I am realizing that I'm becoming a nut, when I first came on here and saw people with 2 buses I figured they were crazy, I started with a 32' FE and Booyah45828 recommended a RE with a Cummins which started my research into the perfect bus, he also mentioned a motor coach which I didn't even really know what was.

As we started planning out the layout and driving the bus a little my wife decided it was too small for 7 people to live in and I decided I didnt want to drive around the us on top of a diesel engine, so when a pusher came up at a good price with a Cummins and a little longer I had to go take a look, by take a look I mean make make an offer and drive away in it, after all, it had cruise control and was a much smoother ride than my FE plus it had this cool under-body storage.

But it still Isn't big enough, the layout we figured out was better but my wife and my 16 year old both were concerned with the lack of separate spaces, storage, etc. Me? I was wondering where I was going to put all the huge systems like tanks, AC, house batteries, etc, and loaded down would a 5.9 really be able to tow a toad that was large enough for my family?

I tried to talk a friend out of their greyhound but they were not interested in selling, now I have to research coaches, a 25 year old Prevost (pronounced Pray-voe) is listed on CL for 11k with only 1.2 million miles, what? over a million miles and still that expensive? I must dig deeper..... the to main coach manufactures of that time both used Detroit series 60 motors with Allison 500 transmissions and expected 800k to 1mil miles before a rebuild.

I am now booking a flight to buy a 45' Prevost with under body storage so large you can drive an atv into it.

Hopefully it's big enough because the only thing bigger is this https://www.flickr.com/photos/jarviseye/8101429318

I have an addiction and I don't want help!

Godspyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:16 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: GMC G3500 Vandura
Engine: V-8 5.7L Gas
"Get up come on get down with the sickness"

The Daily Driver Bus Build
Thomas1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 03:11 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspyro View Post
I'm not "new" I have after all posted a few times but I am realizing that I'm becoming a nut, when I first came on here and saw people with 2 buses I figured they were crazy, I started with a 32' FE and Booyah45828 recommended a RE with a Cummins which started my research into the perfect bus, he also mentioned a motor coach which I didn't even really know what was.

As we started planning out the layout and driving the bus a little my wife decided it was too small for 7 people to live in and I decided I didnt want to drive around the us on top of a diesel engine, so when a pusher came up at a good price with a Cummins and a little longer I had to go take a look, by take a look I mean make make an offer and drive away in it, after all, it had cruise control and was a much smoother ride than my FE plus it had this cool under-body storage.

But it still Isn't big enough, the layout we figured out was better but my wife and my 16 year old both were concerned with the lack of separate spaces, storage, etc. Me? I was wondering where I was going to put all the huge systems like tanks, AC, house batteries, etc, and loaded down would a 5.9 really be able to tow a toad that was large enough for my family?

I tried to talk a friend out of their greyhound but they were not interested in selling, now I have to research coaches, a 25 year old Prevost (pronounced Pray-voe) is listed on CL for 11k with only 1.2 million miles, what? over a million miles and still that expensive? I must dig deeper..... the to main coach manufactures of that time both used Detroit series 60 motors with Allison 500 transmissions and expected 800k to 1mil miles before a rebuild.

I am now booking a flight to buy a 45' Prevost with under body storage so large you can drive an atv into it.

Hopefully it's big enough because the only thing bigger is this https://www.flickr.com/photos/jarviseye/8101429318

I have an addiction and I don't want help!
You need the bendy! For the grandkids[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Jdawgsfanasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 03:20 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 44 or 66? 11 rows
"Hello, David!"
Dapplecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 11:24 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
Next you will be getting a fifth wheel and the learning process will be complete.
I just saw a great quote today.

"If you learn from your mistakes, by now I am a genius"
BeNimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 12:34 AM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: Cummins 350 big cam
Rated Cap: 86 passengers?
I drive a Crown over the top of a diesel and I like it
flattracker is offline   Reply With Quote