Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2018, 09:56 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Namaste, New Dreamer Here.

Hello Fellow Skoolies,

I'm brand new to these forums (just signed up today!)

I go by Galaxie
(pronounced just like Galaxy, I've been told its confusing with the spelling)

I haven't bought my bus yet, but I'm a little bit type A (a little unheard of in the professions I'm entering) so I'm doing some extensive planning and decision making before I take that step.

Currently I'm in love with the idea of a Blue Bird All American FE (flat nose) so any helpful tips and info about them would be AMAZING and more than welcomed. Recently found out they make an Electric version and I'd love to hear if anyone has any experience with that fuel source. I've got a concept idea of the possibilities of small conversions to run this style off of a solar power system rather than plugging it in somewhere.

As for planned use of my bus, my dream would be to have my private massage therapist practice/ yoga instructor studio on the back "half" (hope is to keep it as minimalist as possible therefore as small as possible) and then my home on the front portion. Thoughts on utilizing all available space in the home area would be super appreciated.

I'm very interested in taking the time to update and convert multiple aspects of the bus prior to the main conversion of the inside. So asthetically speaking the door entries front (steps included) and rear, raising the roof, building under carriages to utilize the space beneath the bus, etc.

Obviously I'll be searching through the forums quite a bit myself but if you know of threads (or have one yourself) that apply to anything I've mentioned please feel free to leave me a link to that thread as it's been a little difficult sorting through everything here.

I hope to make it a celebration of obtaining my license as a massage therapist to start my skoolie project fund. Thinking 5 year plan, so I'll get my license just after my birthday this year. And I'd hope to buy my bus the following year. Working on all the conversions to living, working out of it by my birthday 5 years from now.

Thank you for taking the time to read and get to know a little about me and my plans

GalaxieCosmix is offline   Reply With Quote